Sign in with
Your question

Problem while playing online games

Last response: in CPUs
December 22, 2011 12:01:07 AM

I have had this problem with my internet for a long time. Whenever I'm playing online games, the server never reads the data packets that are sent from my pc to the server, even if it reads its still much less than what is considered normal. For eg- When I'm playing CS 1.6 or CSS or even GTA IV, the server never reads the packets sent from my pc while playing multiplayer DM, extremely rarely does it read any packet sent from my pc. I checked my upload speed but its coming fine. I've tried all defragging tools, anti-malware, anti-virus etc But this problem is still not fixed. I suspected that this might have something to do with my internet wiring like cuts on wiring etc So I got a wireless usb connection and it was working like a charm. So...is there any way I could fix this problem on my wired internet without switching to a new ISP? I've already tried asking my existing ISP to change my wiring but they refused saying they won't change wiring as my internet is working fine and they don't guarantee anything on 3rd party servers. Please note that this has nothing to do with ping
December 22, 2011 12:31:28 AM

Bump! Please help
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2011 12:42:22 AM

No bumps. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/282333-31-read-first
They don't work anyway.

What happens when you run pingtest.net and speedtest.net? If there's packet loss they should quantify it, and once you have proof that it's happening you can get your ISP to do something about.
m
l
Related resources
a c 218 à CPUs
December 22, 2011 12:54:34 AM

What is the wiring set up for your internet. Since you changed to a wireless connection then you obviously have a wireless router and the only wire that you bypassed by doing that is the one going from the router to your computer. The question is where is your router in relation to your Pc , because that would be the wire you should replace if the wireless works and the wired does not.
m
l
a c 86 à CPUs
December 22, 2011 12:56:32 AM

When you use this wireless USB, are you connecting to your ISP or someone elses? Because if you are connecting to your own then you have an issue with your wire from your PC to your router.

How do you know its not reading your upload? You seem to be talking about the issue, not the symptoms. We need to know whats going on, not what you think the issue is. (no offense.)
m
l
a c 218 à CPUs
December 22, 2011 1:03:36 AM

Your issue could also be the settings on your network card , what are you using for a network card , is it intergrated or a seperate card in one of the slots on the motherboard. You can go into the network and sharing and then the network adaptors and run the trouble shooter to see if it comes up with anything.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2011 1:09:00 AM

It almost sounds like a Punkbuster issue except for the Wifi working... the Wifi working does make it sound like either the RJ-45 cable between your PC and your router is defective, the Network card is defective or the Firewall settings in Windows differ varying on which connection you're using (in Windows 7 I mean "Home" vs. "Public").
m
l
a c 218 à CPUs
December 22, 2011 1:14:03 AM

VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
$79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Kaybles CAT6A-7S 7 ft. Cat 6A Blue Shielded Stranded STP Network Cable Blue Color - OEM
$5.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Here is something to consider if you are really , really into online gaming you could get this network card which cones with some really good software for controlling the internet flow from your computer to the router and depending how far the router is from your computer you can get net work cable in just about any length , just make sure it's 6a and shielded or twisted pair.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2011 1:14:36 AM

Lol we're solving hypothetical problems
m
l
December 22, 2011 2:07:41 AM

4745454b said:
When you use this wireless USB, are you connecting to your ISP or someone elses? Because if you are connecting to your own then you have an issue with your wire from your PC to your router.

How do you know its not reading your upload? You seem to be talking about the issue, not the symptoms. We need to know whats going on, not what you think the issue is. (no offense.)

I used -a wireless usb data card and no, it was a different isp. Even though it was wireless, the online gaming problem was still fixed
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2011 2:16:28 AM

So it works with someone else's wireless network but not with your own? What does Pingtest give you for your own?
m
l
December 22, 2011 2:16:31 AM

inzone said:
Your issue could also be the settings on your network card , what are you using for a network card , is it intergrated or a seperate card in one of the slots on the motherboard. You can go into the network and sharing and then the network adaptors and run the trouble shooter to see if it comes up with anything.

I've got a new i5 2500k based gaming pc with onboard realtek network card. But I had this problem on my old core 2 quad pc aswell

kajabla said:
So it works with someone else's wireless network but not with your own? What does Pingtest give you for your own?

C grade with packetloss test error. As I said, I think its due to defect in the wiring
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 22, 2011 2:59:34 AM

Be sure your firewall don´t block the programs and your online games - and then try a cable direct from your isp´s cable modem / router and run pingtest.net again to see if you get C grade with packetloss error
m
l
!