Sign in with
Your question

P8Z68-V Pro compatibility with Corsair Vengeance 2x4Gb

Last response: in Systems
September 20, 2011 9:12:47 PM

I purchased all the parts of a new system a few days ago, being careful about electrostatic I completed the PC. On the first boot I got no output, so I took the side panel off and booted again. Looking through the motherboard manual I found a chapter on On-board LED testing, and the DRAM_LED was lit, meaning a problem with the RAM. According to the manual I put the two cards in correctly. They are definitely in the right way, and I have followed the troubleshoot guide on here and it fixed nothing. The only part of the troubleshoot guide that actually was to do with the ram was putting each card in each slot one at a time. I have contacted the store at which it was purchased, but I thought I would ask the internets to see if they can give a better solution.

September 20, 2011 9:31:30 PM

there would be no problem with the compatability
you either got faulty ram or fault DIMM slots (the slot where the RAM goes in)
m
l
September 20, 2011 9:43:54 PM

Thanks for the reply, I just got contacted by the place I bought it from via email, and they gave me a few tests to do and ask for me to tell them if it works, then if it doesn't they will happily replace it.
m
l
Related resources
September 20, 2011 10:18:45 PM

take it out of the case and test it on a breadboard. test the ram one by one too
m
l
September 20, 2011 10:22:53 PM

That was in the trouble shoot and it didn't work.
m
l
October 9, 2011 7:01:57 PM

I have the very same problem with the Corsair Vengence 2x4GB. If I enable the IGPU the POST blocks and the VGA LED is on
m
l
!