Status
Not open for further replies.

Challey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I bought XFX radeon HD 6950 1GB card and installed it 3-4 weeks ago but the card was not found by my motherboard so I sendt it back to komplett.no, were I bought it. They found no problems with the card but decided to give me value back. So I decided to go bigger and bought the "XXX" edt instead and got it installed yesterday. This time the computer POST and goes to Windows, problem is that it sends no signal to my monitor. I've tried several different options and cant seem to find the sollution.

Yes. All power cables are correctly in spot.
Yes. I have tried the 2nd PCI-E slot
Yes. I have deleted old drivers.
Yes. I have updated to newest BIOS for the MB

I tried to boot my computer without any GFX card slotted and the computer act in the same way as it does with the 6950 car installed. There's no onboard gfx card on the MB.

my setup is:

ASUS Sabertooth p67
Intel Core i7-2600K
2x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1gb gddr5 "xxx" edt

The computer works perfectly with my gtx 280 card. Can anyone please give me some tips on what I should try to do?

Not sure, the power requirements for 6950 are much less than gtx280. You have both pci-e power cables attached to the new card?

Did you use driversweeper to remove all Nvidia drivers?

Maybe you didn't properly removed the power from the capacitors before you plugged in the new card and possibly damaged the mobo?

Challey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
As I said in the first post. "Yes. All power cables are correctly in spot."

I did not use drivesweeper to remove all Nvidia drivers. But it should not be needed as the drivers are for windows so I should be able to have signal before windows start up. To see the computer booting and stuff. So if it was driver collision or something it would start the problem at windows startup and not before.

And the mobo works perfectly fine with my 280 connected. I'm using the computer now with 280 in it.

Been thinking that it might be the mobo that dont support the card, but I've seen ppl listing ASUS Sabertooth p67 and HD 6950 as theyr specs on different forums so I have problems believing that aswell.

I read your first post, don't get all huffy puffy. You could have meant power cables for anything. You could have only hooked up one.

Your motherboard is pci-e, that means it takes any pci-e video card, including AMD cards.

Since you obviously have an attitude I'm done. Good luck with your problem.

Challey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

I must really excuse if you read tis as an attack on your attempt to help me. I did not mean it in that way.

I found a Device QVL list for the card on the ASUS page, but it seems outdated and it dont include any Radeon HD 6950 cards. But as I said earlyer I know that people run HD 6950 cards on this MoBo.

I hope you would reconsider helping me with my problem.

GeekApproved has a tendency to get all upset and childish if you point out the obvious 'fail' in his knowledge (or lack thereof).

chelfyn

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I have almost exactly the same problem. ASUS HD6950 card that fails to give an output on either DVI ports. This happens on two different mobo's (an ASRock X58 Deluxe and an ASUS P9X79 deluxe.)

The card is definitely powered, as the red light goes off when the computer power switch is turned on.

I have tried all possible slots.

My existing GTX275 works just fine in all mobos and all slots.

It can't be a driver issue as I can't even get a video signal to get to the BIOS.

any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.