Thank You Tom's Forums!

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I would just like to thank everyone for helping me find the system I would truly want. It is my first gaming computer, and for me it is a pretty big deal.

I decided to buy a computer from CyberPowerpc, only because I do not have enough experience with building a computer and I did not want to take the risk. Anyway the computer is ordered, and it should arrive at my house on the third of October. Such a long wait, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. I just pray that I will not have to go through any horror stories that others have experienced with CyberPower.
After being around for so long, reading thread after thread, asking hundreds :) of question, I finally ordered my system.

Here are the specs:
case: coolermaster HAF 912 mid-tower gaming case
cd: lg 12x blu-ray and DVDRW combo drive
cpu: intel core i5 2500k 3.30 ghz
keyboard: razer arctosa black usb gaming keyboard
memory: 8GB (4gbx2) ddr3/1600mhz dual channel memory module (corsair vengeance)
motherboard: [crossfire/sli] gigabyte ga-z68ma-d2h-b3
windows 7 64bit
noise reduction: a power gasket (no idea if it works or not, but only $5, so what the hell :D)
psu: 750 watts- corsair cmpsu- 750txv2 80 plus power supply-quad sli ready
video/graphics card: nvidia gtx 570 1.2GB

I will make sure to add pictures later. (once I get it)
If you guys have any comments or questions, feel free to type it up.

Reason for this post:
It seems that a lot of noobs that come on here get so much helpful advice on building a computer, and once they buy the system, they just leave never to be heard of again.
I feel that I should atleast thank you guys for helping me build the system, and out knowledge your incredible help.
Seriously, thank you everyone for the help and I will make sure to stop by and check up on the latest technology once in a while :D
I will also try and post some pictures of my system, hopefully it is good enough to show :)

JustLiveYourLife

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Not so sound mean...but building a computer is easy if you have half a brain. It's fun and easy. I did my first built like 7-8 years ago when i was 12 or 13. I knew nothing about computers, i never even knew you could build one. I was going to buy an alienware. BUt i found out about customs and the thought of building something with parts that i choose with my own hands that out performed an alienware for half the price, sounded exciting. And we needed to do some sort of graduating project to graduate so i did mine early in the 9th grade and built a computer.

Anyway, i knew nothing about computer parts or anything, i slowly learned a little and basically just picked the parts with the best reviews and most popular at the time. Looked up liek 1 video on youtube and it was easy and hell. Sure my cable managment was bad but it worked. And at that age i couldnt even piss in a straight line yet. Everyone thought i was albert einstein because i built a computer....good times.

And nothing feels better knowing you built a computer with your own two hands...buying a computer just doesnt feel the same.