desktop

new desktop appears with normal scren on 2/3 of page and
on the left the xp style folder tasks, other places and
details boxes
How can I remove the details side please.
Also in control panel/appearence and themes I have lost
the use of taskbar start menu and folder options

Hi,

You may download and apply the following edit to remove the common tasks pane from the desktop:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User