Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mobo for 2500K with USB3 and SATA and good ol' PCI

Last response: in Motherboards
October 6, 2012 5:02:00 PM

Hi,

I'm gonna buy a 2500K and I'll need a mobo for it.

What I need from the mobo:

I will overclock the CPU
I have a PCI audio card so PCIe-only mobos are a no-go
SATA 3 slot for my M4 SSD
USB3 optional
I lean toward GIGABYTE due to Hackintosh compatibility

Thanks. :) 
a c 180 V Motherboard
October 6, 2012 5:16:03 PM

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
$179.99 and a $20 rebate makes the final price $159.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The good thing about getting a Z-68 motherboard is that you can now pick up a good board for a lot less then when they were the top chipset. With the Z-77 chipset being top and at a pemium price the Z-68 is still a great board and has all the requirements that you listed.
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2012 6:47:55 PM

I don't know about those rebates, I guess they are irrelevant to me because I'm not from the US.
Anyway, the GIGABYTE one is out of my budget, way too pricey.

The MSI one, it seems to have everything I need and even more, and is what I expected to pay for a mobo.

Thanks.

BTW, what's UEFI bios?

EDIT:
Alas, that MSI board isn't very overclock-able according to a bit-tech review.
m
l

Best solution

a c 180 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 5:13:11 AM

Generally you run into this problem because the features that you want tend to cost more and while he MSI board looked promising the overclocking or lack of is a factor. Naturaly you can't have everything for $110 and when you want more features you have to pay for them. As they say you get what you pay for and sometimes you don't have a lot of choices.

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This board may fit your requirements but I don't know what it will cost where you live.
October 11, 2012 11:55:38 AM

yonyz said:
I don't know about those rebates, I guess they are irrelevant to me because I'm not from the US.
Anyway, the GIGABYTE one is out of my budget, way too pricey.

The MSI one, it seems to have everything I need and even more, and is what I expected to pay for a mobo.

Thanks.

BTW, what's UEFI bios?

EDIT:
Alas, that MSI board isn't very overclock-able according to a bit-tech review.

i dont know abou it being not very overclockable because i havent tried overclocking mine
a uefi bios is just like a traditional bios that looks better and more convenient
m
l
October 18, 2012 1:56:41 PM

Best answer selected by yonyz.
m
l
!