Motherboard Selection?

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
So im trying to decide which motherboard to buy. I'm deciding weather to get the
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Z77DDR3 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 HDMI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard
( http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=70263&promoid=1061 )

but iv been reading around any maybe gigabyte isn't the best choice? my build is the following:

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5IN Internal Hard Drive - OEM
Antec Three Hundred Two Mid Tower Gaming Case 302 ATX 3X5.25 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB3.0 & Audio
ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer OEM Black
XFX Radeon HD 7870 Double D 1000MHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E Video Card
Corsair Professional HX650W 650W ATX 12V 52A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 120mm Fan
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory
Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail

Can anybody touch on this? Personal experiences vs Overall quality and compadibility?
Thanks alot. Going to be purchasing within the next week so im really curious if iv made the right choice.

Yeah that board should be fine. Reviews on Newegg are okay, but there are other options too. I prefer AsRock for value for the $. Asus is good also, so I would consider them also.

Did you have a budget for this mobo that you want to buy?
Are you buying for Canada or U.S., or from somewhere else?
Have you bought all of your other parts listed above?

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
No i haven't bought any parts yet because i'm wanting to buy them all at once. So later this week i plan on ordering them.

I live in canada and usually buy my parts through ncix (who will price match anybody) Don't really have a price range, would like to keep it in the same general area of the board listed above.
I was told multiple times and i know from experience that the z77 matches well with the i5. Just curious if there is a better mobo out there!
Thanks

I have the AsRock Extreme 4 and have no issues with it. It's priced usually pretty good. Asus does a good job too, so I'd consider them. Just look at options and reviews and make an informed decision about which one you like. Your in the sweet spot for price/performance so that is good. If you need to go lower in budget you usually lose some options, so keep that in mind. I'm not sure who has the best selection/price for your country, but I look at Newegg for info and options too.