How to connect another monitor to pc to play 2 player games?

i have a led 19 monitor and another crt monitor. ineed to connect these two monitors so i can play two player games. hw can i do it?

system specs: core i5 2400
gtx 460 oc 1 gb
4 gb ram

please help!!
8 answers Last reply
More about connect monitor play player games
  1. I don't think its possible to do.

Nvidia GTX 460 doesn't have native support for multi-monitor gaming. You would need to be running an SLI set up (multiple cards) in order to span the game across two screens. You would also need a game that supports that kind of resolution. Most new games do, however older games tend to have max resolutions of 1024x768
  2. I NEED TO PLAY DIRT 3. but i can dee a vga port, hdmi and a dvi port in my gtx 460! i thought the gtx 460 has multi monitor support! isnt there any way to vonnect another monitor?
  3. You can connect to another monitor using another display port on the card. However this will only display an extended desktop and will only work within windows. If you load a game it will still only display on one screen rather than both and will sometimes require you to disable the second display altogether.
  4. AdrianPerry said:
    I don't think its possible to do.

Nvidia GTX 460 doesn't have native support for multi-monitor gaming. You would need to be running an SLI set up (multiple cards) in order to span the game across two screens. You would also need a game that supports that kind of resolution. Most new games do, however older games tend to have max resolutions of 1024x768

SLI Support only one monitor.
  5. Basically a computer is a one player per PC.
  6. toordog said:
    SLI Support only one monitor.

Not true.... http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/3d-vision-surround-requirements-uk.html
  7. AdrianPerry said:

Thanks for the info, This is something new, i wasn't aware.

Do you know if they support extended desktop or it's just mirror?
  8. a single card can support extended desktop..... i do it myself with my 560ti. It just cant do it for games only windows desktop.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Connection Games Monitors Systems