Sign in with
Your question

How to connect another monitor to pc to play 2 player games?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Connection
  • Games
  • Monitors
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 21, 2011 2:25:08 PM

i have a led 19 monitor and another crt monitor. ineed to connect these two monitors so i can play two player games. hw can i do it?

system specs: core i5 2400
gtx 460 oc 1 gb
4 gb ram

please help!!

More about : connect monitor play player games

a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2011 2:37:15 PM

I don't think its possible to do.

Nvidia GTX 460 doesn't have native support for multi-monitor gaming. You would need to be running an SLI set up (multiple cards) in order to span the game across two screens. You would also need a game that supports that kind of resolution. Most new games do, however older games tend to have max resolutions of 1024x768
m
l
September 21, 2011 3:23:42 PM

I NEED TO PLAY DIRT 3. but i can dee a vga port, hdmi and a dvi port in my gtx 460! i thought the gtx 460 has multi monitor support! isnt there any way to vonnect another monitor?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2011 3:26:31 PM

You can connect to another monitor using another display port on the card. However this will only display an extended desktop and will only work within windows. If you load a game it will still only display on one screen rather than both and will sometimes require you to disable the second display altogether.
m
l
September 22, 2011 3:46:02 PM

AdrianPerry said:
I don't think its possible to do.

Nvidia GTX 460 doesn't have native support for multi-monitor gaming. You would need to be running an SLI set up (multiple cards) in order to span the game across two screens. You would also need a game that supports that kind of resolution. Most new games do, however older games tend to have max resolutions of 1024x768

SLI Support only one monitor.
m
l
September 22, 2011 3:47:18 PM

Basically a computer is a one player per PC.

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 22, 2011 5:20:54 PM

a single card can support extended desktop..... i do it myself with my 560ti. It just cant do it for games only windows desktop.
m
l
!