Sign in with
Your question

Selling Motherboards and Processors

Last response: in Motherboards
October 7, 2012 8:05:14 AM

Hi guys,
I was wondering if it'd be better to sell a motherboard with the CPU secured inside the socket ( is that a good idea?) or if I should sell them separate, if separate's the better choice, how should I protect the motherboard's socket for transit? Both work perfectly.
The motherboard isn't really worth extreme amounts, but hey;
I no longer need it, I'm not just gonna let it sit around and I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card in the not-too distant future! [:russk1]
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 4:02:01 PM

I leave my old cpus installed in the motherboard sometimes and just remove the heatsink when shipping. Depends on your packing ability and how many of the original containers you still have for parts.
October 7, 2012 7:41:09 PM

Well, what I was planning on doing is putting the Motherboard and socketed CPU in an AS bag, then in my new motherboard's box.
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 7:42:51 PM

That will work fine. I sometimes wrap my motherboard box in a paper grocery bag, which is almost extinct now.
October 8, 2012 5:08:54 PM

Is it better to sell them bundled or separately?
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 8, 2012 9:51:32 PM

Part it out if you don't get any other offers (separately). It all depends on your patience and how soon you need the money.
October 9, 2012 6:12:22 AM

Well, I guess the money isn't needed urgently. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU in the future.
!