Radeon HD 5750 10 FPS

theycallmerush

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hello,

I have been getting a very slow fps from my card and I have no idea why. Whether I play on Low, Medium, Ultra, or Extreme. Same fps.

Here are the specs of my computer. I did a clean reinstall of the drivers.

AMD Phenom X4 9150e Quad-Core Processor (1.8 GHz)
4GB DDR2 800 RAM Memory
500 GB Hard Drive

Graphics card is a Radeon 5750.

Someone please help!!

Any ideas, tips, im willing to try.

I dont know if this might be the problem, im using a Vizio 19 inch LCD TV plugged into the HDMI port of the graphics card as a monitor.

Also, I have no idea how to setup the AMD Vision Center software, I have installed it but have no clue what settings should be optimal for my desktop.

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008

demotivational-posters-prenatal-facepalm.jpg

He said he was getting the same fps at any settings. My choice would be the slow CPU.

At what resolution do you play games and witch ones? Did these slow fps just started or you had them since you installed the card? What drivers are you using?

You really think something would bottleneck a 5750? Can you reference an article by which a 5750 was bottlenecked?

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Yes. But it might not be the case here that's why i asked the questions above. If he is getting the same fps with different graphic settings it's not because the card is not that good of a performer, when he increased the settings he should of lost fps not stay the same. Just saying.

You edited wile i was posting. I won't search for an article, but a 5750 is comparable to a 4850, was there no bottleneck, ever, back in the days when people ware buying that card as a price performance best choice? The speed of the CPU has an impact on most video cards when it comes to gaming.

theycallmerush

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
yeah, actually, it just started a few days ago. So I dont know, I emailed diamond with my problem, I think something is wrong with the graphics card.

I thought the 5750 would be able to play starcraft at a decent pace, I bought the card a year ago. Is it time for an upgrade?

theycallmerush

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
also if my system is bottlenecking how would I check that? is there anything for me to check to unbottleneck the system? lets suppose its only using 1 core instead of all 4? how would I know?

no, the bottleneck refers to the fact that your CPU cant process the information faster than the GPU can send it. and if this is ever since you installed windows 7 over vista, then yes, there is an issue there, and not with your CPU being a bottleneck. is there any way you can try your card on a different computer and see if that is really the issue, and not something that occured when you went to windows 7?

this is the type of info you should be including in your first post. there was alot of speculation that could have had you on a wild goose chase due to lack of info.