ASUS M5A97 MOTHERBOARD SUPPORTED POWER SUPPLY UNIT COMPATIBILITY

Hello,
I WANTED TO KNOW THAT WILL MY MOTHERBOARD SUPPORTS COOLER MASTER GX-650 W PSU. PLS TELL ME HOW TO KNOW ABOUT PSU SUPPORT IN MY MOTHERBOARD.
MY SYSTEM CONFIGURATION :
AMD FX 4100
ASUS M5A97
CORSAIR VENGENCE 4 GB 1600 MHZ
WD 1 TB HDD
GRAPHICS CARD ASUS 560TI DC II 1GB GDDR5
15 answers Last reply
More about asus m5a97 motherboard supported power supply unit compatibility
  1. It supports it, but I can't imagine why you'd buy such a poor-quality PSU brand as Cooler Master. Well, maybe that's being unfair. They're simply not nearly the greatest nor the greatest for the money.
  2. luciferano said:
    It supports it, but I can't imagine why you'd buy such a poor-quality PSU brand as Cooler Master. Well, maybe that's being unfair. They're simply not nearly the greatest nor the greatest for the money.


    PLS SUGGEST SOME GOOD PSUs
  3. subh25 said:
    PLS SUGGEST SOME GOOD PSUs


    Before I do that, I'll need to know if your system specs are components that you already own or are considering buying, but do not yet own. Also, would you mind laying off the caps? It's considered rude to type in all caps because that's analogous to yelling.
  4. I HAVE PLANNED TO BUY NEXT WEEK SO THERFORE NEEDED SOME SUGGESTIONS REGARDING IT.
  5. subh25 said:
    I HAVE PLANNED TO BUY NEXT WEEK SO THERFORE NEEDED SOME SUGGESTIONS REGARDING IT.


    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
    That's the PSU that I'd recommend for your build.

    However, I think that you can do a little better than that build without spending more money. If you don't want my input, then I won't give it, but if you do, then feel free to ask.
  6. subh25 said:
    I HAVE PLANNED TO BUY NEXT WEEK SO THERFORE NEEDED SOME SUGGESTIONS REGARDING IT.


    luciferano said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
    That's the PSU that I'd recommend for your build.

    However, I think that you can do a little better than that build without spending more money. If you don't want my input, then I won't give it, but if you do, then feel free to ask.


    SURE TELL ME IT WOULD HELP ME TO BUILD MY SYSTEM.
  7. subh25 said:
    SURE TELL ME IT WOULD HELP ME TO BUILD MY SYSTEM.


    Can you give me links to the exact components that you were going to buy and if not, at least a budget to work with?
  8. luciferano said:
    Can you give me links to the exact components that you were going to buy and if not, at least a budget to work with?


    BUDGET AROUND Rs. 45000 - Rs. 47000 i.e 904$
  9. subh25 said:
    BUDGET AROUND Rs. 45000 - Rs. 47000 i.e 904$


    What country do you live in? Can you give me links to one or more sites that you can buy from? I'm in the USA and although I'm getting a little better, I'm still not nearly familiar with other countries' online retailers.
  10. luciferano said:
    http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-520-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz5hzvzt9cx?pid=PSUD5XZ4KFH65H9E&ref=1e4873cb-8ca9-4685-b676-d40e3d88fa63

    Get that PSU instead of the Cooler Master PSU.

    http://www.flipkart.com/his-amd-h785qn2g2m-2-gb-gddr5-graphic-card/p/itmd9n9pwxhafzzc?pid=GRCD9N9PE3YCK7F9&ref=54c9dbc3-2e9a-4a65-a7ea-9243e2155915

    Get this graphics card instead of the GTX 560 Ti.

    Those are what I recommend changing. I don't think that I can improve on your other choices.



    BUT THIS CARD IS PCIE X16 3.0 BUT THE MOBO PCIE IS 2.0 WILL IT SUPPORT MY MOBO
  11. subh25 said:
    BUT THIS CARD IS PCIE X16 3.0 BUT THE MOBO PCIE IS 2.0 WILL IT SUPPORT MY MOBO


    Yes, it will work. PCIe is back-wards compatible. The PCIe 3.0 cards would even work in very old PCIe 1.0 computers. They run at the highest PCIe version and lane count supported by all relevant components (CPU, graphics card, and motherboard). Since the motherboard only supports PCIe 2.0, the cards will run in PCIe 2.0. This will not hurt performance by more than about 1%, so it doesn't really matter at all.
  12. luciferano said:
    Yes, it will work. PCIe is back-wards compatible. The PCIe 3.0 cards would even work in very old PCIe 1.0 computers. They run at the highest PCIe version and lane count supported by all relevant components (CPU, graphics card, and motherboard). Since the motherboard only supports PCIe 2.0, the cards will run in PCIe 2.0. This will not hurt performance by more than about 1%, so it doesn't really matter at all.


    ONE MORE THING COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME CONFIGURATION IN THAT BUDGET
  13. subh25 said:
    ONE MORE THING COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME CONFIGURATION IN THAT BUDGET


    What do you mean by that?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards Product