http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24435728

Case: Silverstone Fortress02B-w - $249.99
Psu: OCZ ZX 1000w Modular 80+ Gold - $219.99
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ - $189.99
Cooler: XIGMATEK Gaia 2x Fan Compat -$27.99
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4gb DDR 1600 -$51.99
GPU: 2x GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 -$379.89
SSD: Crucial M4 128 MLC Sata 3 -$227.99

Approximate Purchase Date: Depeding on a good Chilean Purchase site: October 5th or 6th

Budget Range: $1300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**
CPU: Using a Amd Phenom II x4 955 3.2g BE
Keyboard: Logitec G15 - legacy model
Mouse: Logitc G5
Sound Output: Logitec Headphones - not the best for gaming I know, but my stero system is in storage atm.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Using Newegg, eventhough they don't ship interntionally, gives a good base for pricing.\

Country of Origin: Chile

Parts Preferences: Ati/AMD cards and Processors, Asus/Gigabyte Mobo, all others are open

Overclocking: Yes /

SLI or Crossfire: Crossfire

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: Quiet with as close to exceptional cooling as possible, High Performace

The build is roughly $1400 USD. I do have some conercns on the price and am looking to knock it down. I thought about the PSU and Case firstly.

PSU: Droping to mabye a 850 - 750w Gold 80+. I'm looking for something that will run the whole system safely, but isn't OMG over kill, which I feel the 1000w is.

Case: I went with Silverstone mainly because i wanted to try out their "revolutionary" 90 degree flip. That and It has one of the best sound/heat ratios. I'm open to suggestions here, as long as the 90 degree flip is present, though I think that will limit selections to only Silverstone.

GPU: I am not a fan of Nvida, so please don't offer suggesting in this area. I do plan to overlock, if only a tiny bit, the Radeons.

SSD: I'm not to sure on SSD's period as this will be my first one, so If their is a better bang for the buck let me know.

Thank You all for your input ahead of time.

Solution
850w is the recommended for Crossfire 6970s. So yes 850w will still be plenty for your build. 1000w would be "over-kill".

SSD is a great addition into any new build, the Crucial M4 has been getting some fantastic reviews - stick with it :)

As for cases with 90 degree motherboard rotation, SilverStone are the only company i'm aware of that does this. Personally im not a fan - at all! I always think the inside of the case looks messy with wires going everywhere, but meh thats just me :) Stick with what you like, after all the case is going to be seen more than anything else!

eagleblueline

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
If you are worried about the case pricing, get a cheaper case. There are plenty of cases that are sub $100 USD that do the job just as well as the one you have listed.

An 850w PSU would do just fine for what you have in mind, so good idea.

SSD's aren't necessary for gaming as they do not improve performance. They will only make your boot times faster.

And why so hesitant to try an intel + Nvidia build? Most people find them to be a bit more powerful.

Otherwise your build looks good. You could wait for the Bulldozer Chipset to come out next month though.

Ichy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Eagleblueline thank you for your reply.

I was more or less curious if Silverstone was the only Company with the 90 degree mobo flip. I am looking into the cheaper versions that Silverstone offers, Like the Raven 02/03. Though I'm not a fan of sidepanel windows.

will the 850 be able to handle lets say 2x 6950's or 6970's?

I do realize that ssd's aren't necessary for gaming. However, your reply didn't really answer my question, though I feel I should refraise it:
Is there a better bang for the buck SSD for OS+apps than the One I have chosen?

I have tried Intel+Nvida and Intel+Ati builds. My experience with them has been less than satisfactory.

I probably will get a bulldozer chipset when it comes out now, which is why I chose the mobo that I did.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
850w is the recommended for Crossfire 6970s. So yes 850w will still be plenty for your build. 1000w would be "over-kill".

SSD is a great addition into any new build, the Crucial M4 has been getting some fantastic reviews - stick with it :)

As for cases with 90 degree motherboard rotation, SilverStone are the only company i'm aware of that does this. Personally im not a fan - at all! I always think the inside of the case looks messy with wires going everywhere, but meh thats just me :) Stick with what you like, after all the case is going to be seen more than anything else!

Solution

eagleblueline

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Yep, 850w would be plenty.

The SSD that you have picked out is one of the best around and would work perfectly. Stick with that.

And I agree with Adrian on the case issue, but if you really want that 90 degree Mobo rotation then stick with that one or the Raven 02/03.