Can someone pls tell me how good is this graphics card?

theaska

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
So my little brother wants a laptop able to run all the top games, I have a great one in mind with an Intel Core i7 processor but I don't know how good is the graphics card which is a Geforce GT330M DDR3 1GB...

EDIT: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gt_330m_us.html

So I'm wondering if it would be good enough to run the top games and everything?

Computer specifications:
SAMSUNG R590-JS02PT
Processor: Intel Core i7-620M
Display: 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) LED Non-Glare
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
Graphics Card: Geforce GT330M DDR3 1GB
Hard drive: 640GB 5400RPM SATA

My second option would be TOSHIBA Satellite L755-13W with i5 and a GeForce GT525M - 1GB.

The card you linked is not what you have. That is the discrete GT330 for desktop computers. As you listed you have a GT330M which is quite different.
To answer the question it's not terrible but not great. At your resolution it should be passable but you will definitely need to lower settings on a lot of current games.

theaska

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks guys. Should have searched a little better. And I didn't know it was different with M.

After reading both reviews, I realized both of them can run the modern games at medium settings max so which one would you guys go for?

The Samsung one doesn't support dx11 but has i7 processor. The Toshiba is slightly better, supports dx11 and has a i5.

dont just look at i7 or i5 being the tier of what you need. there are i-5's that perform almost with the i-7 and for a card to run latest games, you should be looking for at minimum a 460m. there are alot of laptops out there capable of playing games but they are very very pricey

+1
The second option assuming all else is the same would be the way to go.

Mactronix :)