Sign in with
Your question

Asus Maximus V Formula & Thermaltake Chaser MK-I Compatibility

Last response: in Motherboards
October 7, 2012 1:30:42 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the Tom's Hardware forums so I don't know if this is the right category for my question. But anyway here's the problem. I'm building a new system and I have a problem. I don't know if the mobo (Asus Maximus V Formula) will fit into the case (Thermaltake Chaser MK-I). The case supports ATX motherboards and the Maximus V Formula is an EATX. But the board is only 1.3cm/0.5 inch wider than standard ATX boards and is the same in lenght. So I guess it would fit but I'm not sure. Oh and I apologize if the post isn't grammatically correct as I am not a native English speaker.
a c 125 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 2:23:14 PM

Sorry, but that combination won't work.
a c 123 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 2:43:45 PM

I am not so sure of that. The holes are the same and Toms did a build in that case, It seemed to have some extra room to fit it.

I would just be EXTRA CAREFUL plugging things in on the edge of the board.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/dragon-rider-chaser-mk-i,...

Looks to dwarf a ATX board

I could be wrong, but looks like you have a good chance to me.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 3:00:16 PM

Nope wont work that case supports 12"x 9.6" ATX standard EATX is 12x13 or 12x12 I think!
October 7, 2012 3:01:45 PM

Thanks for the replies. I don't intend to buy it right away anyway because I have some other stuff to take care of so if it doesn't fit when I buy it, I'm just going to replace it with a different case or maybe try if it fits if I find a way.
October 7, 2012 3:12:35 PM

@redeemer

Yes I know that but the Maximus V Formula is 12x10.1 so its only 0.5 wider than the standard ATX boards. And you can see in the picture that there is some space left to the right of the board so it should work....in theory:D 
a c 123 V Motherboard
October 7, 2012 4:19:28 PM

EATX is 13, but this board is not 13.

The board in question seems to be 10.1. This board is just one of those too big to be ATX(please support the edge when making connections), but too small to be real E-ATX.

An actual E-ATX board would actually hit the hard drive bays. No dual sockets for you.
!