Sign in with
Your question

Question about performance and a potential need to overclock...

Last response: in CPUs
December 23, 2011 12:28:41 AM

I'm gonna be getting a 1080p monitor and Starcraft 2, and was concerned about the performance I may get. I want to be able to play in 1080p on ultra, but don't think my CPU is capable of that. I have a Phenom 2 x4 955 BE, GTX 560TI, and 4GB RAM, and was wondering what kind of performance I could get and If I'd need to overclock my CPU. I'd rather not though since It's something I've never done.

Will I be able to play Starcraft 2 with those settings without an OC, and how much performance will I gain with an OC?
a c 86 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2011 12:44:57 AM

you eill get great performance in starcraft II. Its not a very demanding game. you wont need to overclock but overclocking will gain you a few more fps.
m
l
December 23, 2011 1:57:46 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
you eill get great performance in starcraft II. Its not a very demanding game. you wont need to overclock but overclocking will gain you a few more fps.

From what I've read Starcraft 2 is very CPU intensive though
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2011 2:00:30 AM

DudE132 said:
From what I've read Starcraft 2 is very CPU intensive though

It is more CPU intensive than GPU, but, you will get great performance the way your set up is. The only upgrade I would do is add more memory because I have heard in some 4v4 battles your RAM usage can be more than 4gb.
m
l
December 23, 2011 2:20:57 AM

HostileDonut said:
It is more CPU intensive than GPU, but, you will get great performance the way your set up is. The only upgrade I would do is add more memory because I have heard in some 4v4 battles your RAM usage can be more than 4gb.

Just curious, if I have this RAM,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-...

Can I buy another set and install those thus giving me 8GB? Or does it not work like that?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2011 2:17:15 PM

DudE132 said:
Just curious, if I have this RAM,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-...

Can I buy another set and install those thus giving me 8GB? Or does it not work like that?

Yeah, just make sure it is the same memory. Just plug it in, and it should run properly.
m
l
!