Question about performance and a potential need to overclock...

I'm gonna be getting a 1080p monitor and Starcraft 2, and was concerned about the performance I may get. I want to be able to play in 1080p on ultra, but don't think my CPU is capable of that. I have a Phenom 2 x4 955 BE, GTX 560TI, and 4GB RAM, and was wondering what kind of performance I could get and If I'd need to overclock my CPU. I'd rather not though since It's something I've never done.

Will I be able to play Starcraft 2 with those settings without an OC, and how much performance will I gain with an OC?
6 answers Last reply
More about question performance potential overclock
  1. you eill get great performance in starcraft II. Its not a very demanding game. you wont need to overclock but overclocking will gain you a few more fps.
  2. iam2thecrowe said:
    you eill get great performance in starcraft II. Its not a very demanding game. you wont need to overclock but overclocking will gain you a few more fps.

From what I've read Starcraft 2 is very CPU intensive though
  3. DudE132 said:
    From what I've read Starcraft 2 is very CPU intensive though

It is more CPU intensive than GPU, but, you will get great performance the way your set up is. The only upgrade I would do is add more memory because I have heard in some 4v4 battles your RAM usage can be more than 4gb.
  4. HostileDonut said:
    It is more CPU intensive than GPU, but, you will get great performance the way your set up is. The only upgrade I would do is add more memory because I have heard in some 4v4 battles your RAM usage can be more than 4gb.

Just curious, if I have this RAM,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-277&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=6#scrollFullInfo

Can I buy another set and install those thus giving me 8GB? Or does it not work like that?
  5. DudE132 said:

if you have the slots available on your motherboard, yes.
  6. DudE132 said:

Yeah, just make sure it is the same memory. Just plug it in, and it should run properly.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Performance Starcraft 2 Product