Looking for a case that will fit an ASUS P8Z77-V

block_head

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,

I am an extreme newbie and this is my first attempt at building a custom computer. I have my eye on an ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard and need a case to fit this and that will give me plenty of room to expand as newer technology comes online.

I am assuming for the money, that this is the best motherboard I can get and that will be upgradeable for the next couple of years. If not, can someone suggest another one in the same price range, and along with it a compatible case?

many thanks

Solution

I have the same M/b with a Gigabyte GTX 670. I also use the...

larkspur

Distinguished

Yeah, it's a great motherboard. Pair it with an Ivy/Sandy Bridge cpu in your price range, 8gb ram and you won't need to upgrade it for years. A computer case is really up to your preference since they vary a lot. Like noidea said, that motherboard is ATX. So you need an ATX case. Most people use a tower or mid-tower. Larger cases are usually easier to work inside.

block_head

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,, thanks for the replies.

Do I need to consider the number of expansion slots, USB connections, SSD/disk drive slots (it would be nice to not have to buy brackets for fitting 2.5" to a 3.5" FF), fans, cabling, enough depth for oversized exp. cards (esp video) . Could someone point me to a case that has the room for all of the above. I am planning on buying the max memory of 32mb for this build and installing the Ivy bridge 3770k --a 3.5mhz. Will I need a liquid cooling system for the CPU (not overclocking the CPU or memory). How many fans or cooling devices will I need? And what about the power supply? Will a 600watt do the trick?

many thanks!

Many thanks

TomH426

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

I have the same M/b with a Gigabyte GTX 670. I also use the CM Hyper 212 EVO.
You really do not need liquid cooling. Especially if you are not going to overclock. You also really do not need 32 mb of memory unless you are doing some video editing.

I use the Corsair Carbide 500R case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010

Plenty of room and great air cooling. and Quiet.

Solution