Sign in with
Your question

New monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 21, 2011 11:32:16 PM

Hello, I'll buy a new PC and I need a new monitor. I'm looking for a 1920x1200 monitor, it need fit these requeriments:

* Need be between 21,5 and 22 inches
* It shouldn't have TV support or sound system
* Need be 1920x1200 native
* Need looks like Serie 30 from Samsung
* Need support DVI (HDMI is not really needed)
* Shouldn't be much expensive

With these requeriments I have already found Samsung SyncMaster T220p (22" & 1920x1200), then I want some others options to fight against it

Anyway, what do you guys think about T220p?

Thank you

More about : monitor

a b C Monitor
July 21, 2011 11:56:28 PM

1920x1200 monitors are getting pretty rare. Ones of the size you are looking for are almost non-existent as the typical size range for that resolution is 24-27 inches. Further limiting your options by saying it can't have speakers or TV support or HDMI is something you definitely should not be doing. No one is going to force you to use these options if you don't want to but insisting on a monitor that doesn't even have them when your choices are already extremely limited is very unwise. Honestly I recommend you either go for a 24" monitor if you want to keep that resolution or go with a 1680x1050 monitor if your want to keep the 22" or less and the 16:10 aspect ratio.
As for the Samsung SyncMaster T220p I'm not seeing it for sale new or used anywhere. If you have then go for it.
m
l
July 22, 2011 12:21:21 AM

I didn't say it shouldn't have HDMI. I said it can have or no, doesn't matters. About TV and speakers support, I really don't need it and a monitor that support it are more expensive.

You're right, so, between 21,5" and 24" which one would you recommend for me?

Yes, the T220p is really hard to find now, but I think it's possible yet buy one, what do you think about it?

I would use this monitor for gaming, films and internet
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
July 22, 2011 4:08:03 AM

Well computer monitors of a certain resolution tend to have a certain size range for a reason. Programs and Windows expect things to be displayed at a certain size. If you get a monitor that is small and high res then text and other things will end up smaller than intended. If you have good eyes this may not be a big deal but for most people monitors usually come in the appropriate sizes. On the other side if you get a monitor with a lower resolution that standard for the size then text and images will appear larger than normal and often slightly blurry. In general 20-22" will be 1680x1050 while 22-24" monitors will be 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 ones like you are looking for are usually 24-27" like I said earlier.
As for a recommendation that's hard to do as you haven't said what your budget is or if you want an IPS screen or LED back lighting, etc.
In general if you are looking for a good deal on a monitor this is a good page to keep an eye on;
http://www.logicbuy.com/categorydeals/computers/lcd-mon...
m
l
July 22, 2011 1:41:31 PM

I'm searching for small size and high resolutions monitors for avoid aliasing in games and films, I know it won't remove the aliasing per complete, but really helps. I would spend like US$300. I don't know much about LED monitors, but they seems to be worse than LCD monitors for gaming, aren't they? It can be any kind of LCD monitors, I don't have preference as I won't use it for edit images, etc...
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 22, 2011 7:13:04 PM

LED monitors are LCD monitors. The LED part only refers to the backlighting and it is usually considered an step up from other methods if done properly. I can't think of any way it could possibly affect how good the monitor is for gaming.
$300 isn't much for a 1920x1200 monitor. There are only a handful within your price range I believe so just take a look at what you can afford and decide which you like best. If you are willing to step down to 1920x1080 then you will hundreds of options at that price and lower.
m
l
!