Sign in with
Your question

New build booted up fine yesterday, but not today

Last response: in Systems
September 21, 2011 11:05:46 PM

So, yesterday I put together my new build and got it to boot up on the first try. I was able to install Windows and didn't notice any problems.

Today, when I got home from work, I don't get anything when I push the power button. No beep, no LED light, no fans spinning even for a second. I've tried removing and re-seating the power switch wire from my case, tried turning my PSU on and off, tried using a different socket with a different power cord, all to no avail.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be, or what I could do to narrow the issue down? If needed I can give any specs that might be of interest.
September 22, 2011 1:32:02 PM

Might be a stupid question but is the wall outlet your using 100% supplying power? (Have you tried another electrical item on the wall socket to test it?)

Have you checked the voltage switch on your PSU if it has one? (115v/230v)

If none of these work, and the wall outlet is 100% supplying power, i suggest removing the PSU from your build, and plug something like a molex fan into it and see if it powers up. If it doesn't, then I think you can conclude you've got a faulty PSU.

NEVER EVER open up your PSU unless you know EXACTLY what your doing. The link below might help you troubleshoot your problem.

http://www.computer-how-to-guide.com/power-supply-troub...
m
l
September 22, 2011 1:57:02 PM

Any lights on at all in the back of the case?

Also, you might want to check all of the cables inside the case to make sure they are all plugged in completely
m
l
Related resources
!