Motherboard Decision help

G

Hello everybody :hello: , I am trying to decide between the asus p8z77-v delux motherboard, and the gigabyte z77x up5th motherboard. I am looking for a motherboard that supports thunderbolt and has plenty (6-8) fan headers and amazing software like the fan expert pro 2. I want to know if the gigabyte motherboard can support those features as well as the asus can

Thanks guys :pt1cable:

The Asus V-Delux MB does not have the Thunderbolt you have to go with the Asus V-Pro board.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131818

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128559

Both the Asus board and the Gigabyte board have 5 fan headers and that includes the cpu fan header. The Gigabute board does have some interesting features with dual WI-fi and bluetooth and dual Thunderbolt ports. But is limited on memory support which I guess is a trade off for all the other features.
Fan expert is an Asus feature and Gigabyte doesn't have it.

G

Thanks, the asus does have thunderbolt, but you need an ad on card that isn't released yet. But what type of fan control software is on the gigabyte board?

G

Thanks, two more questions

1. For fan expert, can I use a fan splitter to control more than 6 fans?
2. Is the fan expert able to control water cooling pumps?

You have been a huge help man

Thanks again

Since the Asus Delux board does not come with intergrated Thunderbolt and the addon card hasn't been released yet you will be taking a chance in getting that board overone that alraedy has it. You can end up waiting and be at the mercy of the company that may decide to not release an addon card. Having it built in is a sure thing, I just went to the Asus site and there was no mention of any motherboard getting an addon card, so you will be taking a chance.
Not knowing can be very stressful and waiting can be as well so you may want to take that into consideration, it's not that important right now because it's new and there isn't a lot going on with the Thunderbolt but when products start comming out it can get more stressfull.
The Asus V-PRO has almost all the features of the Deluxe board and costs less.