Budget build $800

hey this will be my first build, i have been watching videos on the best configurations and i have a budget of $800 i have no extras (monitor, speakers, mouse & keyboard) i would preference on what processor companies. this needs to be Call Of Duty Black Ops ready!
9 answers Last reply
More about budget build
  1. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RC-912-KKN1-Haf-Chassis/dp/B003ZM7YTA/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt $49.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Cooler Master Haf 912 Chassis

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.735491 $203.98 - $25.00 Mail In Rebates FREE SHIPPING
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.717978 $448.98 - $20.00 Mail In Rebates FREE SHIPPING
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
    MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148419 $29.99 FREE SHIPPING $10 off w/ promo code EMCKAJE26, ends 9/21
    Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664BA160A

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.696166 $66.48
    SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM
    Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    Total: $799.42 *not including shipping, promo codes, and mail in rebates
  2. chedderbob86 said:
    hey this will be my first build, i have been watching videos on the best configurations and i have a budget of $800 i have no extras (monitor, speakers, mouse & keyboard) i would preference on what processor companies. this needs to be Call Of Duty Black Ops ready!


    a cpu i prefer is the
    I5 2500k unlocked meaning u can overclock $215

    lets see u can get a decent case like
    Coolmaster elite 371 atx $30

    total so far $245

    gpu is an nvidia gtx 560ti by MSI twin frozr. $245

    total so far $490

    PSU is a 750w Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W which is $75 at newegg

    total so far $565

    ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 is the motherboard and gives u a price with rebate of $123 at newegg

    total so far $688

    The RAM is an 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB which is $43 from newegg.

    total so far $731.

    Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB is ur hard drive but this gives u a $1 over the 800 its $70.

    total is $801
  3. Why_Me said:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RC-912-KKN1-Haf-Chassis/dp/B003ZM7YTA/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt $49.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Cooler Master Haf 912 Chassis

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.735491 $203.98 - $25.00 Mail In Rebates FREE SHIPPING
    High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.717978 $448.98 - $20.00 Mail In Rebates FREE SHIPPING
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
    MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148419 $29.99 FREE SHIPPING $10 off w/ promo code EMCKAJE26, ends 9/21
    Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT25664BA160A

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.696166 $66.48
    SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM
    Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    Total: $799.42 *not including shipping, promo codes, and mail in rebates


    not bad but the memory is to low. and thats a lil over priced. i mean really. and nice we have almost same build. its just that u got a way better motherboard. HECKA EXPENSIVE. with that u could have just let him SLI two gtx560ti
  4. ForisKuang said:
    a cpu i prefer is the
    I5 2500k unlocked meaning u can overclock $215

    lets see u can get a decent case like
    Coolmaster elite 371 atx $30

    total so far $245

    gpu is an nvidia gtx 560ti by MSI twin frozr. $245

    total so far $490

    PSU is a 750w Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W which is $75 at newegg

    total so far $565

    ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 is the motherboard and gives u a price with rebate of $123 at newegg

    total so far $688

    The RAM is an 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB which is $43 from newegg.

    total so far $731.

    Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB is ur hard drive but this gives u a $1 over the 800 its $70.

    total is $801

    That Asus board doesn't support SLI, so no need for that 750w psu...which is a good thing seeing how Rosewill psu's aren't ones to be recommended.
  5. ForisKuang said:
    not bad but the memory is to low. and thats a lil over priced. i mean really. and nice we have almost same build. its just that u got a way better motherboard. HECKA EXPENSIVE. with that u could have just let him SLI two gtx560ti

    No we don't have close to the same build. You chose a board that's meant for a single card and a not so good psu. With the rebates and promo codes it wouldn't be any problem for the OP to thrown in another $20 towards 8GB of RAM even though anything more that 4GB in regards to gaming is a waste.
  6. ahhh i didnt look at it. in that case he should get asus P8Z68-V LX LGA. which should be crossfireable its $130 now tho.
  7. ForisKuang said:
    ahhh i didnt look at it. in that case he should get asus P8Z68-V LX LGA. which should be crossfireable its $130 now tho.

    That board doesn't support SLI either. You want a board that runs dual cards @ x8.
  8. Guys..... I need a monitor and other extremities please (monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers!
  9. I don't know if you are picky but you can get speakers at a walmart for 12 bucks, logitech ones, mouse for $9 also logitech, and keyboard is also a logitech brand for $11. As for monitor its hard to get a system with all that for $800. There was a 21.5 LED Acer on newegg for $119 yesterday. But I went in person to look at a 21.5 and it looks kind of small now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product