Changing disk designation

I installed a new hard drive to serve as the main drive.
It works, but the computer still calls the old main
drive "C", and the new one "F". How do I change the
drive designations??? Thnx for help. EdandGreta

EdandGreta,

I am not sure if you have installed the new hard drive
and later installed the operating system on the new hard
drive. However, if I have understood your question, you
need to do the following:

1. Install the new hard drive on your computer as a
Primary Master.
2. Format the new hard drive.
3. After this, install the Operating System (Windows XP).

Once you install the operating system on the new hard
drive as a primary master, then the based on the number
of partitions on the hard drive, the drive letter will be
assigned. For example: if the hard drive has two
partitions, then, the drive letter would be "C" and "D".

Regards,
Srikanth N

confers no rights.