Closed

What parts do i need to build a 1 terabyte pc

I am going to build my first pc and need info on the best hardware and best supplier. I live in South Africa and will not pay the 1000% markup to these daylight robbers (suppliers). Please give me advise,suppliers etc. Kind regards, Cobie.
20 answers Last reply
More about what parts build terabyte
  1. In answer to the question in your title, you need a 1TB Hard Disk Drive.

    3 recommended are:
    WD Caviar Black 7200rpm
    SeaGate Barracuda 7200rpm
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 7200rpm
  2. Do you need advise on other parts than a 1TB drive?
  3. AdrianPerry said:
    In answer to the question in your title, you need a 1TB Hard Disk Drive.

    3 recommended are:
    WD Caviar Black 7200rpm
    SeaGate Barracuda 7200rpm
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 7200rpm


    Hi Adriaan,

    Thanks for the info so far. I kindly ask that you give me a list of all of the hardware that i need. If you have suppliers in mind, that will be grearly appreciated.
  4. If you could fill out as much as this build template as possible: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-advice It will enable myself and others to give you more accurate build advice :)

    As for suppliers, I'm UK-based so I really have no idea there sorry.
  5. 008Rohit said:
    Do you need advise on other parts than a 1TB drive?


    Thank you for the message. Yes please i neea all of the hardware that is needed to build a mega beast of a machine. The suppliers too ifg poss.
  6. I think he thinks that the more HDD space you have the more BEASTIER the rig becomes. Someone should help him. Also, If you are not going to pay a cent to suppliers, how are you supposed to buy your parts?
  7. ervinelim said:
    I think he thinks that the more HDD space you have the more BEASTIER the rig becomes. Someone should help him. Also, If you are not going to pay a cent to suppliers, how are you supposed to buy your parts?


    Thank you for the comment but i was born with a brain and understand economics rather well, you have to pay for the parts. You do not need to respond as i need help and not useless statements like yours. Good bye.
  8. I find that going to the 'Where to buy' page of major manufacturers like Antec can give a good list of places where you can buy parts:
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=wheretobuy_resellerSelect&Country=South+Africa&ResellerType=%25E%25
    I don't know if that will help to solve your problem of finding a supplier without a 1000% markup.
  9. Silvune said:
    I find that going to the 'Where to buy' page of major manufacturers like Antec can give a good list of places where you can buy parts:
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.php?page=wheretobuy_resellerSelect&Country=South+Africa&ResellerType=%25E%25
    I don't know if that will help to solve your problem of finding a supplier without a 1000% markup.


    Hi, Thanks friend, i will research thoroughly, many thanks. Cheers
  10. If you wish to assemble a computer yourself, you should probably start reading a bit around, getting an idea about what components are needed and how do they fit together. Which are most important to what you want to do with your computer. Once you have done that, look at the graphs and reviews here at toms to get a good idea how best to spend your budget.
    Then you can post your ideas on this forum and people can give you feedback on it.
    That is what I did when I was new to this.
    If you do not wish to spend time doing so, i suggest looking at the a prebuilt computer instead (there is a forum for that too)
  11. koogco said:
    If you wish to assemble a computer yourself, you should probably start reading a bit around, getting an idea about what components are needed and how do they fit together. Which are most important to what you want to do with your computer. Once you have done that, look at the graphs and reviews here at toms to get a good idea how best to spend your budget.
    Then you can post your ideas on this forum and people can give you feedback on it.
    That is what I did when I was new to this.
    If you do not wish to spend time doing so, i suggest looking at the a prebuilt computer instead (there is a forum for that too)



    Hi, thanks for the message. Point taken and i've started today to work through a number of sites regarding the building of a Pc and the hardware that they out line as to be considered for the various levels of requirement. Thanks again.
  12. First, there is no such thing as a 1 TB PC.

    There is a 1TB hard disk drive, that you can put in your pc.

    I suggest you learn what a "PC" is before going any further.
  13. I want to build an 1000 watt beastly pc.

    how can I do this guise?
  14. 384, I'm pretty sure he's just mocking the poster. I found it kind of humorous.
  15. geekapproved said:
    First, there is no such thing as a 1 TB PC.

    There is a 1TB hard disk drive, that you can put in your pc.

    I suggest you learn what a "PC" is before going any further.


    WELL.....WELL, Another super dumb dip stick. I do not wish to waste my time, keep your crap for yourself and go and play somewhere else.
  16. Cobie said:
    WELL.....WELL, Another super dumb dip stick. I do not wish to waste my time, keep your crap for yourself and go and play somewhere else.


    No reason to lash out at someone who's trying to help. With over 4000 posts, he's probably one of the most knowledgeable people looking over your thread.

    He's right though, building a computer is no walk in the park if you have no idea of what components are needed, let alone which do and don't work together.
  17. Cobie said:
    WELL.....WELL, Another super dumb dip stick. I do not wish to waste my time, keep your crap for yourself and go and play somewhere else.


    Speaking of dumb stick......Like I said, there is no such thing as a 1tb pc. So your post doesn't even make sense, that is why I told you that you should learn what a PC is and the parts that make up a PC and go from there.
  18. geekapproved said:
    Speaking of dumb stick......Like I said, there is no such thing as a 1tb pc. So your post doesn't even make sense, that is why I told you that you should learn what a PC is and the parts that make up a PC and go from there.


    What is a PC.....?
  19. not sure if trolling or genuine.
  20. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hardware Build Systems