Need help : Very sensitive monitor

georgetok

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
I just bought Dell Desktop XPS 8300 system with 24 inch ST2420L Full HD LED Monitor.

The monitor is so sensitive that even just touching a folder opens it although I have selected double click to open in folder options.

It is same with menu bars & some files too. Drop down menus snap right back up.

Dell tech support spent an hour but couldn’t do anything.

I am using the Native Resolution of 1920X1080

It has NVIDIA GeDorce GT 530 Video Card & I installed the Latest drivers too.

I am using the DVI port for connection.

The system came with Win -7 Home Premium but I installed Win -7 ( Ultimate ) on it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You

It's not the monitor since all it does is display what you are doing.

It seems that it is Win 7 Ultimate is what's "very sensitive". Check your mouse settings. Perhaps a re-install is necessary. While it is very rare something might have not been installed properly when you decided to wipe Win 7 Home and installed Win 7 Ultimate.

georgetok

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

First I am using another hard drive & not the one that came with the system.

I also installed Win 7 Ultimate twice, each time after quick formatting the OS partition.

Second, I tried the hard disk with Win 7 Home Premium that came with the system without installing any application or making any changes to that hard disk but ran into the same problem.

Thus OS doesn't seem to be causing the problem.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Well the 24" Dell ST2420L is not a touch screen monitor. A monitor only displays what you are doing, it does not affect how files and folders are interacted with.

My guess is that it is the mouse. Try to borrow a mouse to find out if that's the problem. It is certainly not an issue with the monitor since a monitor only receive video signals from the video card.

georgetok

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

I think you are right.

I am trying out mouse settings as well as a different mouse.