Looking for a budget HTPC case recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I'm still working on picking out the parts to my HTPC, but the thing that's giving me the most trouble is the case. I've been able to find what I'm looking for, just not in the budget that I had in mind. It's possible that there I won't be able to find one, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any ideas.

Requirements:
*Budget of around $60 before shipping and MIR
*micro ATX motherboard
*At least 3 *full height* expansion slots. I can't use a slim case.
*I need to house one 2.5" SSD and one 3.5" HDD. I have a 3.5" SSD adapter, though, so two 3.5" bays would be fine.
*I won't be using an aftermarket CPU cooler so I'm not worried about height.
*It needs to sit horizontally and be reasonably small so that it will fit in a media center. Not tiny like the slim cases, but I don't want a mid-tower either.
*I'm going to buy my own power supply. If it's under $60 and comes with a standard ATX power supply that I can replace then that's fine, but I'm not using any of the crappy PSU's that come in budget cases.
*I'm not going to be using a high-powered video card (GT430) so I'm not extremely concerned with cooling.

Preferences:
*I would really prefer to fit a standard ATX power supply.
*Preferably it would be kind of understated and will fit in nicely with other electronics. That is avoid bright colors and LED fans if possible, although this isn't that big of a deal.
*I'd like it the "front-panel" connections like USB and audio aren't visible on the front although this is a difficult thing to find.

Like I said, I don't know if there's anything that fits that description, but I'm looking for whatever comes to mind. Thanks.

Solution

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Yeah, those are both about what I want just a little over what I'd hoped to spend. That Earthwatts PSU was one of the units I was considering anyway so subtracting off that cost puts the Antec pretty close.

Yep as you know not alot of choice out there!
The Antec will be quality built and you can actually use the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS