Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Small Gaming Case Suggestions

Last response: in Components
December 23, 2011 7:51:08 PM

Hello,

I am considering building a new box around the first of the year and I am curious if anyone could recommend a good Mid Tower or smaller gaming case. A couple of requirements:

1. I would like to have a good intake with filter for a bottom psu
2. Good Airflow without turning my case into a vacuum
3. Easily removable air filters.
4. Considerably smaller than an Antec 1200 (which I currently have) or a Lian-Li Armorsuit (my first case)
5. No lights or front doors.
6. Easily accessible to the interior.
7. less than 150 bucks.. (the cheaper, the better but without too many sacrifices of quality)

I love the new Corsair Carbonite and graphite cases, however, I think they are too large. I have a lot of dust in my house. I live with pets and in a generally drier climate, so dust just... sux.

Thanks for your suggestions.
December 23, 2011 8:01:49 PM

Kn1ght_0wl said:
Hello,

I am considering building a new box around the first of the year and I am curious if anyone could recommend a good Mid Tower or smaller gaming case. A couple of requirements:

1. I would like to have a good intake with filter for a bottom psu
2. Good Airflow without turning my case into a vacuum
3. Easily removable air filters.
4. Considerably smaller than an Antec 1200 (which I currently have) or a Lian-Li Armorsuit (my first case)
5. No lights or front doors.
6. Easily accessible to the interior.
7. less than 150 bucks.. (the cheaper, the better but without too many sacrifices of quality)

I love the new Corsair Carbonite and graphite cases, however, I think they are too large. I have a lot of dust in my house. I live with pets and in a generally drier climate, so dust just... sux.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Also, to add, I will more than likely get an i5 2500k and overclock it moderately and crossfire 2 HD 6870s. I currently have a 700 watt psu. any insight or remarks would be greatly appreciated.
Score
December 23, 2011 8:31:24 PM

Check out the Antec 300. It's got the rock solid build quality that the 1200 has. Great case layout, fits big graphics cards, runs VERY cool and is usually 50 or less. It fits all of your requests and I doubt you'll find anything better for the price. Plus, it looks like it's related to your 1200 and you can spend that extra 100 bucks on more fun stuff!
Score
Related resources
December 23, 2011 8:38:07 PM

Thanks, I have been eyeing that case. How easy are the air filters removable? I loath the fact that I have to unscrew all of my HD cages to remove the air filters on the twelve hundred. Could it be much easier?
Score
December 23, 2011 8:41:56 PM

What is your impression of ? I know it has the door, but I have always loved the minimalist looks of antecs old p180 series. I could overlook the door.
Score

Best solution

December 23, 2011 8:55:54 PM

I have a 1200 too, and I agree with the screws. I took out all but one row of them.

300 is a piece of cake to clean, you lift up on the front and pop it off. One giant filter. Couldn't be easier.

My friend has a p183 and it has major cooling issues. The sound deadening is worthless because you have to run so much fan speed to cool it down anyway. He's got a PII965 and 4890, so not a powerhouse by any means.

If you like the P series, check out the Fractal Design XL
http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&...

They bench really cool and quiet and have a lot of nice features.
December 23, 2011 9:13:49 PM

Nice! that's good to hear about the front popping off! Yeah, I have the same thing with my 1200, one row of screws. Sweet! You pretty much confirmed a good buy. Thanks!
Score
December 23, 2011 9:15:58 PM

Best answer selected by Kn1ght_0wl.
Score
December 23, 2011 9:16:59 PM

moderators, please close thread. thanks
Score
!