Daz061

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Somebody please yell me why people spend hundreds of pounds/dollars on building these super fast machines just to play games...why don't they just be done with it and get a console for a fraction of the price! More decent games 2!

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
PC has taken over console in terms of visually impressive games, and raw performance.

Console simply cant keep up with the stunning visuals DX11 games have to offer. So more and more users are shifting over to PC games. Not to mention PC has a large amount of games that cannot be acquired on consoles.

Daz061

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I het that about consoles. I'm a pc gamer, just can't fathom how much people spend when pc parts depreciate in value faster than cars! Stuff is out dated the minute u get it!

Rushogon

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

Yes but like cars they are still useful even though they do cost as much as when you bought them. consoles are still 200~300 bucks for outdated hardware when you can pick up the same or better pc components from 5~6 years ago for a much cheaper price. You don't stop using your car just because it drops in price when the new model comes out so why stop using your PC?

Daz061

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Av still got the gtx 9800+ still plays the latest games and it's graphics look pretty good to me. Was thinking of getting the 560 to when it comes down next year once nvidia bring out the 600 series!

nikhilmitta

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Just to paraphrase the above, when were these consoles released, 2006? (Just guessing)
All these years the graphics standard for the consoles has been stuck and the graphics standard for the PC is always up to date with people buying the latest in the market instead of the 5 year old stuff.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006

Graphics are not important, you wont play a game if its no fun to play, right? Both PC and consoles have amazing exclusive titles, having said that, I believe the graphics in console have advanced enough that I honestly dont care if its better in the PC. Altough, I do have a PC superior to a PS3, and always get multi platforms titles for PC

My card is also a Geforce 9800 GT, plays everything, and costed only $100.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I know what you mean, I got a similar experience with No One Lives Forever, one of my favorites games ever.

When I tried playing first at max settings, it would freeze up. Then I had to go lower settings in order to play it. Still very fun. I hten got I better PC and replayed the way it was suposed to be played. Awesome! Then I got the Playstation 2 port for a friend.....it looked like snes and it was impossible to play, for me at least

But....graphics have advanced so much already.....I believe developers should worry about gameplay more rather than graphics power.

BTW, if you havent played No One Lives Forever, go get it, it will surprise you as that game is incredibly fun and looks great too even tough its 10 years old, better than most current FPS

Daz061

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Sounds exciting n all but what's guna happen when Sony and Microsoft bring out their new consoles? Pc will go on the back bench.....again like it always does.

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

trolls-doll-red-hair.jpg