Sign in with
Your question

Phenom X6 1075T temp issue

Last response: in CPUs
December 23, 2011 11:00:56 PM

Hello, just built my new rig. Everything runs fine, except when I play Flight Sim. X. Well at least, it worries me.
The CPU temperature goes up to 61 degrees C. I don't really know if that is normal. The fan is spooling up like mad(5200 RPM) makes a lot of noise. Well, that doesn't bother me, in fact I quite like it, lol.
But what bothers me is, are those temps normal? 61 C seems a bit much. Cores are 30-32 while playing.
December 23, 2011 11:09:53 PM

61C for an AMD processor is rather high indeed. Are you using the stock fan and/or overclocking? Try either underclocking slightly or get an aftermarket fan such as the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus (provided your case is big enough for that beast).
December 23, 2011 11:31:32 PM

Stock fan. No overclocking. I don't have money right now. Is it dangeorous if I still use it like that for a couple of months?
Merry Christmas.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 23, 2011 11:40:07 PM

loghinu said:
Stock fan. No overclocking. I don't have money right now. Is it dangeorous if I still use it like that for a couple of months?
Merry Christmas.

61C isnt the end of the world, according to amd.com, the max temps for the 1090t is 62C so i wouldnt be too worried

edit: wrong model according to another website, max temp=55-62C
December 23, 2011 11:51:28 PM

Yeah, but what blows is that it was only 1 C below the max temp.
December 24, 2011 12:47:19 AM

ulillillia said:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus.

That's for AM3 socket. Will it fit in AM3+?
December 24, 2011 12:57:25 AM

Given the box, I don't see AM3+ listed. Even checking Newegg, I don't see an AM3+ socket type. That fan supports AM3 and AM2+, and AM2, given the box description.

High temps will cause permanent damage or reduce the CPU's life. If all else, try underclocking the CPU slightly (like 10%). If your CPU runs at 3 GHz, set it to 2.7 GHz. This should put less strain on your CPU, keeping temps lower, until you can afford a new fan.

Do note that I'm not very familiar with AMD processors.

Edit: Oh, and one thing you should note is that you'll need at least a mid-sized tower that's more than 7 1/2 inches wide or you won't be able to install the fan as it's so big. There are smaller fans available, like 100 mm fans instead of 120, that you could use.
December 24, 2011 1:04:06 AM

ulillillia said:
Given the box, I don't see AM3+ listed. Even checking Newegg, I don't see an AM3+ socket type. That fan supports AM3 and AM2+, and AM2, given the box description.

High temps will cause permanent damage or reduce the CPU's life. If all else, try underclocking the CPU slightly (like 10%). If your CPU runs at 3 GHz, set it to 2.7 GHz. This should put less strain on your CPU, keeping temps lower, until you can afford a new fan.

Do note that I'm not very familiar with AMD processors.

Edit: Oh, and one thing you should note is that you'll need at least a mid-sized tower that's more than 7 1/2 inches wide or you won't be able to install the fan as it's so big. There are smaller fans available, like 100 mm fans instead of 120, that you could use.

Yeah, i've seen it a while ago. It's absolutely huge, won't fit in my case.
Thanx for the downclocking tip.
Merry Christmas.
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2011 2:11:44 AM

also with fsx, that uses almost all of your cpu all the time, what does it look like while idling?
December 24, 2011 2:15:32 AM

Won't fit - how cluttered is your case with wires? Chances are, the air flow is being impeded from excessive wires from a small case.
December 24, 2011 1:48:23 PM

nna2 said:
also with fsx, that uses almost all of your cpu all the time, what does it look like while idling?

While idling, 38-39 C.
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2011 2:38:16 PM

run prime95 to findout its temp at full load, if it
comes under 65 then their is no problem and no
need to downclock it.
to resolve overheating best method (other than
hsf) is down the voltage
also you can enable coolnquite
and you can use cputweaker if you still want to
downclock you only have to set a lower multplier
or fsb to do it, you can do that via bios.
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2011 7:25:39 PM

truegenius said:
run prime95 to findout its temp at full load, if it
comes under 65 then their is no problem and no
need to downclock it.
to resolve overheating best method (other than
hsf) is down the voltage
also you can enable coolnquite
and you can use cputweaker if you still want to
downclock you only have to set a lower multplier
or fsb to do it, you can do that via bios.

he could also just lower the multiplier and leave the fsb alone, they dont care if it goes down
another thing you could try is re seating the heat sync and getting new thermal paste, its at most 20$ and thats for more that you'd ever need for a long time :D 
December 24, 2011 9:28:11 PM

This computer was assembled 2 weeks ago. I've put fresh Arctic Silver 5. Don't think i need to do that again. Anyways, I used Fan XPert(asus mobo software) to create a fan speed profile. I increased it overall, and the temps went down well by 6-7 C. Haven't tried Prime95 yet.
Once again, thank you all, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
January 5, 2013 5:44:28 PM

I am running a Phenom II x6 1075t at 19-20C idle. It never gets above 30C on full load...
Also FYI, you can't over or down clock a Phenom unless it's on a motherboard which supports the over or downclocking of that CPU. My motherboard, a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H, does not support over/downclocking. What is your motherboard?
!