Sign in with
Your question

AMD FX 8-Core 8150

Last response: in CPUs
December 23, 2011 11:50:47 PM

Just bought and installed new AMD FX-8-Core 8150. Sisandra gives out 'warning 225' 'CPU is not production version but ES' if purchased return to seller ?? At that price I'm somewhat worried---Advice please (Bought from Pixmania)

More about : amd core 8150

December 24, 2011 1:14:32 AM

I have no idea how you got an engineering sample... you'd be better off sending it back and getting a production version.
December 24, 2011 1:36:35 AM

Ask for your money back, and next time buy from a reputable seller. If they give you any trouble with your return, call AMD, this is commercial fraud and AMD will have a keen interest in it. Under no circumstances are engineering samples to be sold. Period.
Related resources
December 24, 2011 1:42:37 AM

intel4eva said:
Ask for your money back, and next time buy from a reputable seller. If they give you any trouble with your return, call AMD, this is commercial fraud and AMD will have a keen interest in it. Under no circumstances are engineering samples to be sold. Period.

Thanks. Pixmania should be a reputable seller--they are a very big and well known company.
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2011 1:55:21 AM

swantee said:
Just bought and installed new AMD FX-8-Core 8150. Sisandra gives out 'warning 225' 'CPU is not production version but ES' if purchased return to seller ?? At that price I'm somewhat worried---Advice please (Bought from Pixmania)

Can Sandra be wrong ? try another program see what it says about the cpu , if ES you know wjat to do
a c 185 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 24, 2011 5:56:49 AM

Try cpu-z and hw monitor!
December 24, 2011 8:15:26 AM

Thanks Guys. I have emailed the company and await. Gone through AMD security details and the box (Tin) details and hologram seem to match up correctly. Never come across this before lets just hope it's Sandras error. Cheers all.
December 25, 2011 9:53:07 AM

amuffin said:
Try cpu-z and hw monitor!

Thanks but everyone beware of which internet source you use to search & download the suggested CPU-Z & HW Monitor. I pressed the wrong download button (They're deliberately laid out to confuse) & ended up with 'iLivid' & its associated 'Ar*#~@les' They place a virtually unremoveableToolbar on your browser and infect the computer terribly--beware!!!
!