Windows 7 install blue wallpaper hang

insight1032

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
My windows 7 installation on my new system won't even start. It goes to the black screen saying "Loading windows files" then passe "Starting Windows", but then sits at the blue wallpaper installation screen with the mouse able to be moved. Any ideas?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q8400 2.66 quad
RAM: Samsung 2GB (2x1 GB) and Crucial 4GB (2x2GB)
Video card: ATI Radeon hd 4870

I'm trying to install 64-bit from CD, and I've tried putting my SATA cable to the dvd drive in every sata port.. tried all ram seats/combos.. anything else thats known with this board? EIST and C1E are turned off as well.

insight1032

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Can't remember, at least 2-3 minutes or so. Let me go leave it on, I'm desperate to try anything now.

Wow.. i feel so dumb, just left it on for 10 minutes and it finally came up.. I'll let u know how it goes, thx for the help.

edit: it IS installing but its taking so much longer than my old systems.. is this a bad sign?

heavenhated

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
@OP

its a common thing when u install w7 first time

here is my timing after booting from CD

1) Black screen with white bar for two seconds
2) Black screen with white bar for clost to 5 mintues preparing loading w7
3) Blue screen hang for atleast 10 minutes - i think hard disk is now being analyzed. But the hard disk light is not glowing.
4) Confirm region, language etc and press next
5) Another five minute hang at this screen before install windows appear
6) After a minute or so installation starts and stays at 0% for atleast 5 minutes( now i am sure unzipping or decompressing files is taking place)
7) Installation starts and completes in 10 minutes

One major point here..

While the system restarts after loading, please remove any USB device. The drivers are yet to be understood by windows and it will fail. Atleast for me. I just removed the USB drive i had for wireless keyboard and voila..windows log in screen :)

hope this helps

insight1032

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Thank you both Prophecy/Heaven, the waiting was worth it. After about 30 minutes, my new system is up and running and I'm currently installing drivers/software now. I appreciate it so much, I apologize for such a stupid question. A huge difference before from a 1.8 dual core with 2GB ram!

And yeah Heaven that did happen to me, luckily I had my laptop open and checked back here when it did happen :)

Julie25

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

Go and take a nap. It'll be ready to continue when you wake up. That's the way it works.