Giving thanks on forum question

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
I'm probably the only one who's run into this, but if any others have , please jump in. I have spent hours trying to send a thank you or another forum question, when I'm told I'm already logged in and need another login. I was ripping my hair out, starting over, you name it. Turns out I have to log in at the Main menu before proceeding. YOU CAN"T EVEN ASK A QUESTION IN THIS MODE. Sorry for yelling, but, wow, couldn't there be something telling one to log in before any discussion. If I'm the only one, boy am I foolish, but if not, I hope I saved a lot of wasted time. Also, how do you give points to someone with a good answer for a question? Thank You

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
Thanks for the answer to the "points" thing. Now the logging in thing, That's never bitten you? How did I become so illiterate in so litttle time. Have a good day.

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
I'm using the U.S. site, and from the amount of responses I've gotten, ( excluding yours of course, although it doesn't really follow the path I was going down.) I would assume that everyone goes about their business without thinking there could be some having trouble out there. I hope you have a fine day and I hope the rest of this site carry on like regular users with problems to be fixed.

randomizer

Champion
I'm not dismissing the fact that you're having problems. I'm just saying that I haven't seen it, which means I can't provide any solutions. It's impossible to provide solutions to a problem I can't reproduce.

DaveF1953

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2009
You know, You are right at this moment. I don't know how it happened, but now, every time I go to Tomshardware, I'm logged in. That was not the case before I figured out to log in on the Master Page. From that point on, I was always logged on and unfortunately the only way I could create the problem is Create a new profile. Try to immediately use it to add some help or send a message and I am quite sure I will not be able to. All work to that point would go into outer space.
I do appreciate your sticking with me through this. It truley is a bug which may naver get anyone but me. Be cool. Dave

TRENDING THREADS