Faulty DIMM slots - Z68XP-UD3P/ RMA

andRAWRthornton

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
So I have a pair of dual channel Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory that usually run in the recommended setup but now booting is not an option in this configuration. I can only get a POST when I remove the memory furthest from the CPU heatsink and this is how I am forced to run at the moment.

I have tested every DIMM slot in all variations, dual channel in the first pair and dual channel in the second pair, I get nothing. I have tested both sticks of memory by themselves and they both work no problem.

Its clear that the memory is in full working order so would you say there is a fault with the DIMM slots themselves and if so should I try an RMA with Gigabyte?

Also if anyone knows where to create an RMA for Gigabyte products could you let me know too with a link perhaps?

Thanks for your time.

andRAWRthornton

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

I have had the memory installed in this way for months, set up perfectly fine in dual channel mode. I should say though recently I found in my CPU socket that one pin appears to have snapped off, do you think this would cause a problem with the DIMM slots?

andRAWRthornton

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

I can't even get to the BIOS unless I run my memory in single channel mode side by side. I just don't get why dual channel will not work any more, the DIMM slots just seem completely dead.

andRAWRthornton

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

Yeah basically if you look at the 1155 socket and there is the square open space, its in in the first row below the square and about in the middle of the row.