Enable vt-x support in Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

Hi all

I´m trying to enable the Vt-x support in a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard with a core 2 duo e8400 cpu, but the option is not present in the bios setup (According the cpu´s forum, that cpu supports vt-x).

The Bios version is F4, but I´m not sure if the problems fixed in last BIOS updates (F5 and F6) wil make the vt-x option available.

Here is the BIOS updates descriptions.

What do you think? What can I do to enable vt-x?

Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about enable support gigabyte ep35 ds3l
  1. Hi, Did you check in 'Advance Bios Feature' in bios? There should be a option named 'Virtualization Technology'. Enable it.

It will be not present in the bios only if cpu is not supported for VT-x.
  2. Hi Mubin

The option is present in the screenshot of the motherboard´s manual, but not in BIOS (the rest of the options are present).

According Intel documentation that cpu supports vt-x.

¿¿??

Regards
  3. I know you cpu supports VT-x. I think it your mobo bios which is old. I think bios update will solve the problem.

F5 bios has new cpu microcode for Wolfdale, which is yours. Updating F5/F6 bios will solve that problem i hope.

But why you need VT-x enable? For multiple OS?
  4. mubin said:
    I know you cpu supports VT-x. I think it your mobo bios which is old. I think bios update will solve the problem.

F5 bios has new cpu microcode for Wolfdale, which is yours. Updating F5/F6 bios will solve that problem i hope.

But why you need VT-x enable? For multiple OS?

Thanks Mubin. I´m going to update F6 this afternoon and I will tell you the result :)

I need VT-x for virtualizing 64 bits machines.

Regards.
  5. Problem solved!

Updating the BIOS to F6 the Virtualizacion option appears in BIOS setup and 64 bits machines run perfectly.

Thank you very very much.

Regards
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Support CPUs Gigabyte Motherboards