I5 i2500K.

Hello,

I have an i5- 2500 K processor.

I get an average cpu temperature of 38 - 41 C. and system temp of 33 - 34 C .

Is this normal?

Also, how can I learn how to overclock my computer? I have a gtx 460, not sure if that matters though.
10 answers Last reply
More about i2500k
  1. If you CPU is not overclocked your temp are a little high than normal. Mine are between 23-26 in idle with Zalman CNPS10X Performa. If you want to overclock buy an aftermarket cooler.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
    CPU can be overclocked very easy from BIOS , just raise the multiplier , to 4.2-4.3 without raising the power , save and quit.
  2. What heatsink fan do you have? If you have the stock one that came with the 2500k you will not be able to overclock very much.

    Here are links to where you can learn about overclocking:

    http://www.overclock.net/t/1567/intel-overclocking-guide

    http://www.overclock.net/t/146820/intel-overclocking-redefined-guide-to-successful-overclocking-with-nb-straps-in-mind
  3. With the stock cooler those cpu temperatures are pretty normal.
  4. Overclocking the 2500k is really easy. It's basically just up the turbo multiplier and up the voltage, turning off some of the power saving features if you really need to.
  5. Make sure you have a good cooler before overclocking!!
  6. shoda said:
    What heatsink fan do you have? If you have the stock one that came with the 2500k you will not be able to overclock very much.

    Here are links to where you can learn about overclocking:

    http://www.overclock.net/t/1567/intel-overclocking-guide

    http://www.overclock.net/t/146820/intel-overclocking-redefined-guide-to-successful-overclocking-with-nb-straps-in-mind



    i have a coolermaster fan.. i have it on 100%, and i even have thermal paste on it.
  7. sosofm said:
    If you CPU is not overclocked your temp are a little high than normal. Mine are between 23-26 in idle with Zalman CNPS10X Performa. If you want to overclock buy an aftermarket cooler.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
    CPU can be overclocked very easy from BIOS , just raise the multiplier , to 4.2-4.3 without raising the power , save and quit.


    I just tried to overclock, but couldnt find the "multiplier" option . I turned on the OC Genie, and it increased it to 4.2 ghz, but it went to 45 C. Also, after doing so, while restarting the computer, it failed multiple times and said i should switch it back. Please help
  8. Those all sound like idle temperatures, which are honestly not that important. Full load temperatures are the more important thing to keep an eye on - use some method of loading the processor to 100% (such as Prime95) and see what the temperature is then. Most people like to keep it below 70-75C or so on modern Intel CPUs.
  9. cjl said:
    Those all sound like idle temperatures, which are honestly not that important. Full load temperatures are the more important thing to keep an eye on - use some method of loading the processor to 100% (such as Prime95) and see what the temperature is then. Most people like to keep it below 70-75C or so on modern Intel CPUs.


    Where can I safely download prime95?
  10. It sounds like you've never overclocked before. You should read up on over clocking because if you mess up you can end up frying your CPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Intel i5 Temperature Product