I am getting an error message when I try to run the Tweak
UI utility for Windows XP or the previous version that
says: "Tweak UI has been disabled by your Administrator"

How did this happen and how can I fiox it to run again?

Thanks

It's because your system has registry editing restrictions/policies enabled. If in a network, pls contact the n/w administrator. For standalone PCs, try this command from RUN box:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

(Watch for line wrap)

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp