Sign in with
Your question

Sabertooth Z77 Red L.E.Ds

Last response: in Motherboards
October 9, 2012 9:31:44 AM

Just spend a few grand on my new pc and I took it round to me mates and built it and it all worked and *** but then I took it home chucked the power cable in and it won't boot, I gotta buncha red lights and crap. I checked all the cables are in right and they are and I tried DVI, VGA and HDMI and the ******* lights are still there. I whacked in a keyboard and mouse to just in case for some reason still a problem, I dunno wtf to do.
Heres me specs.

Intel Core i7-3770k 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Noctua NH-D14
Asus sabertooth Z77
G.skill sniper series 16gb (2x8gb)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5 internal
Samsung 830 256gb SSD
4gb EVGA GTX 670 OC (x2 SLI)
Cooler Master HAF X
Seasonic X-Series 760W Power Supply
Asus DRW-24

I get all the red lights flash for a second but then the bloody boot one stays on for like a bit longers and theres some beeps and *** goin on and i checked all my cabling and I know the boot drive aint fucked cause I was using it half hour ago.

More about : sabertooth z77 red

a c 474 V Motherboard
October 9, 2012 9:45:38 AM

could be a few things. check that both the 24 and 8 pin power are seated and locked. could have walked out from the move. most time when a pc is moved the ram or video card walk. i tell people after a move to reseat the ram and video card if they get errors on a pc that been moved. the last is an o @@@@ and an O @@@@ issue. large heat sinks. have a lot of weight and force. the heat sink right now may be pressing down to hard on the cpu or with the thermal paste when it was bouncing in your car it pulled the cpu slightly out of the pins on the cpu socket. the last is the heat sink came down and crushed the cpu or both the cpu and heat sink hit the mb slot so hard there smashed pins under the cpu or the heat sink ripped the cpu slot off the mb. (i see it where it been sitting on the bottom of a computer case and your could see all the pins sticking out off the mb. myself i start with the ram reseating and then start with lifting the cpu off slowly from the cpu and seeing if the pc posts. if not i pull the heat sink off and reset the cpu.
m
l
October 9, 2012 10:02:20 AM

smorizio said:
could be a few things. check that both the 24 and 8 pin power are seated and locked. could have walked out from the move. most time when a pc is moved the ram or video card walk. i tell people after a move to reseat the ram and video card if they get errors on a pc that been moved. the last is an o @@@@ and an O @@@@ issue. large heat sinks. have a lot of weight and force. the heat sink right now may be pressing down to hard on the cpu or with the thermal paste when it was bouncing in your car it pulled the cpu slightly out of the pins on the cpu socket. the last is the heat sink came down and crushed the cpu or both the cpu and heat sink hit the mb slot so hard there smashed pins under the cpu or the heat sink ripped the cpu slot off the mb. (i see it where it been sitting on the bottom of a computer case and your could see all the pins sticking out off the mb. myself i start with the ram reseating and then start with lifting the cpu off slowly from the cpu and seeing if the pc posts. if not i pull the heat sink off and reset the cpu.

ok, will try but I just discovered, Sorry about my lack of names of things but theres this thing i think might have been plugged in before that might of slipped out, Its got these 9 little holes things there like 5 on the top and on the bottom theres 4 and where the last one is like covered so theres 9 little holes thingys, Where does that go and also could that be a problem?
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2012 10:05:49 AM

and theres this thing that has a red led next to it that lights up at the start and turns off that has MemOK ok like a button, what does that do and should I press it?
m
l
a c 474 V Motherboard
October 9, 2012 10:25:22 AM

it a usb cable connection. it should plug into front of the usb case or to the rear of the case if you follow the wires. the ram button if you press and hold it reset the ram timing on the mb and make the mb try and read and reset the ram speed. you can press it and see if anything changes.
m
l
!