HD 5850: Weird Glitch on Bad Company 2

fullmetal297

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I'm having issues with my HD 5850. Now before you start bashing me... I know its an old card and I'm planning on upgrading to the gtx 570 very soon, but I'm planning on putting this card on my sister's PC ( for playing casual games like the sims). I get this weird graphical glitch every 4-6 mins into game. The game slows down and my gun starts dancing around the screen like a drunk hooker. I've also notice some slow downs in my other games but never graphical glitches this bad. I can do everything like watching HD videos and play flash games just fine, but this problem is only happening with bad company 2.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33plY_8NSLQ&feature=channel_video_title

Overclocked Toaster

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

wow, you make it sound like you are running a geforce 6150. the 5850 is still a very capable card.

Anyhow, try patching your game, updating your drivers for the card, and reinstall the game. see if that helps.

fullmetal297

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009

I did all of the above and still no success. I am notice slow downs in all my games now.

fullmetal297

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009

The graphical glitches yeah, but the slow down is universal in all my games.

Overclocked Toaster

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
try putting everything on stock clocks and make sure you have adequate cooling. do a virus scan and defrag your hard drive. clean any dust n your computer especially your video card. make sure you have enough RAM memory and that you don`t have processes running in background. use task manager in windows to track your cpu and RAM usage to see if either of these are bottlenecking you. also use software like gpu-z to track gpu usage. try reducing settings and resolution and see what sort of effect it has. see if you are getting slowdowns in non-demaning games. remember you need a good CPU as well especially for BC2, tell us what your cpu is. reformat your hard drive if necessary.

sorry I only have the previous generic advice.