HD 5850: Weird Glitch on Bad Company 2

I'm having issues with my HD 5850. Now before you start bashing me... I know its an old card and I'm planning on upgrading to the gtx 570 very soon, but I'm planning on putting this card on my sister's PC ( for playing casual games like the sims). I get this weird graphical glitch every 4-6 mins into game. The game slows down and my gun starts dancing around the screen like a drunk hooker. I've also notice some slow downs in my other games but never graphical glitches this bad. I can do everything like watching HD videos and play flash games just fine, but this problem is only happening with bad company 2.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33plY_8NSLQ&feature=channel_video_title
5
answers
Last reply
More about 5850 weird glitch company
  1. fullmetal297 said:
    Now before you start bashing me... I know its an old card and I'm planning on upgrading to the gtx 570 very soon, but I'm planning on putting this card on my sister's PC ( for playing casual games like the sims).


    wow, you make it sound like you are running a geforce 6150. the 5850 is still a very capable card.

    Anyhow, try patching your game, updating your drivers for the card, and reinstall the game. see if that helps.
  2. Overclocked Toaster said:
    wow, you make it sound like you are running a geforce 6150. the 5850 is still a very capable card.

    Anyhow, try patching your game, updating your drivers for the card, and reinstall the game. see if that helps.


    I did all of the above and still no success. I am notice slow downs in all my games now.
  3. 5850 is a BEAST. But if you tried all of that, I'd have to says its probably your card, but youre saying BC2 is the only title it happens in?
  4. The Halo Don said:
    5850 is a BEAST. But if you tried all of that, I'd have to says its probably your card, but youre saying BC2 is the only title it happens in?

    The graphical glitches yeah, but the slow down is universal in all my games.
  5. try putting everything on stock clocks and make sure you have adequate cooling. do a virus scan and defrag your hard drive. clean any dust n your computer especially your video card. make sure you have enough RAM memory and that you don`t have processes running in background. use task manager in windows to track your cpu and RAM usage to see if either of these are bottlenecking you. also use software like gpu-z to track gpu usage. try reducing settings and resolution and see what sort of effect it has. see if you are getting slowdowns in non-demaning games. remember you need a good CPU as well especially for BC2, tell us what your cpu is. reformat your hard drive if necessary.

    sorry I only have the previous generic advice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games HD Graphics