Can't decide which case.

Shavako

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I'm building a new PC and have everything picked out, except the case. I have narrowed it down to two cases but even between the two I wonder if there's better options out there. The two that I'm looking at are the Corsair 650D and the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer. They both have good looks to me with the Corsair having that nice minimalist look and the CM being a more aggressive but not too flashy look. The CM is slightly smaller but they are very close in size. Things that are important to me for a case are (in order of importance). Between the 650D and the Storm Enforcer which one would you recommend? Is the 650D worth the extra 100 bucks? I prefer the looks of it and it has great cable management and a 2.5/3.5" mounting dock on the top but other than that it hasn't got any features the CM has. Also, I will be using air to cool my components. No water cooling for me except maybe a Corsair closed loop system such as the H80, but that's not real water cooling ;)

Shavako

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I was looking at the Phantom, but I've heard that having 2 200mm fans at the top is actually bad design but I haven't looked at any case temp benchmarks. It also doesn't have a side panel window. I'm definitely taking it into consideration though.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Phantom DOES have a side panel window as a separate upgrade, but IMO, it looks better with this black mesh and some LEDs inside (I have an NZXT sleeved blue LED kit installed).

Temps? They are great, even without a side 200mm fan my 560 Ti is 32-35C on idle and max. 65C on load; I haven't seen the CPU going hotter than 40C for a loooong time. Cooling is good. It's an interesting path; intake more from the side 120 mm fans than from the front 140mm - quite a bit of air goes over the graphics; while with a front intake only case you're getting the air up right away with barely touching the card.

Of course, it's best to see the cases IRL and THEN decide, but if you can't, then you have to rely on customer feedback :)

Shavako

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Ok so right now I'm considering the CM Storm Enforcer, Corsair 500r and 600t white editions, and the NZXT Phantom. Are these the best choices I'm going to have for under $150?

TRENDING THREADS