Sign in with
Your question

Thread notification emails

Last response: in Forum Feedback
June 11, 2009 7:15:17 PM

I've set it in my profile for no notification emails for new posts in thread, but I get em anyway. It's getting really annoying.

Solution?
June 11, 2009 8:34:25 PM

Hey,

Go to the thread in question. In the upper left corner, there should be an e-mail icon. Click it so you turn the picture that looks like an X off

Justin
June 24, 2009 5:04:22 AM

drunknmunkys said:
I've set it in my profile for no notification emails for new posts in thread, but I get em anyway. It's getting really annoying.

Solution?

I'm having the same problem. And it isn't one thread in question, it's all the threads I have posted on. Iv'e always gotten email notifications until last night. I have my profile set up for email notification turned "on".
Related resources
June 24, 2009 1:37:56 PM

Hey,

So just so I understand, you guys have your thing set to notify off, but, when you respond, it is still activating a notification e-mail? What happens if you go back to the thread and click the link that looks like an e-mail in the upper right corner? Will it then turn it off correctly?

Justin
June 24, 2009 3:52:58 PM

justinblue said:
Hey,

So just so I understand, you guys have your thing set to notify off, but, when you respond, it is still activating a notification e-mail? What happens if you go back to the thread and click the link that looks like an e-mail in the upper right corner? Will it then turn it off correctly?

Justin

Justin,

Same problem as Why_me. No email notification of new posts in a thread since yesterday. I check the tab at the top of the thread page to notify. Also have email notification set properly in forum options. Thanks.
June 24, 2009 8:57:42 PM

So there must be two different bugs outlined in this thread correct? One is receiving confirmation e-mails when you don't want, the other is not receiving them when you want?

Justin
June 24, 2009 9:21:17 PM

Hi, still not receiving any email notification of posts I have replied to. Since yesterday. My online profile is set to receive email notification and I also checked the envelope at the top of the threads I posted to. Frustrating to keep up with the threads without being notified of new posts.
June 25, 2009 12:40:23 AM

badge said:
Hi, still not receiving any email notification of posts I have replied to. Since yesterday. My online profile is set to receive email notification and I also checked the envelope at the top of the threads I posted to. Frustrating to keep up with the threads without being notified of new posts.

Ya it's still happening to me also. This sucks.
June 25, 2009 12:46:35 AM

Same here. No email notification makes following threads of interest and participation difficult at best.
June 25, 2009 1:20:54 AM

I am finding it happens with some but no all threads, and happens with most PMs as well.

Speaking of PMs, we need a notification of a new PM up the top and noticeable. Many people don't notice the "You have 1 new message" at the bottom because it doesn't flash or anything, and generally looks the same as when you have no messages. On top of that most people don't scroll that far down.
June 25, 2009 2:05:47 AM

Hi,

Ok, I will report this and see what I can find out.

Justin
June 25, 2009 9:10:40 AM

Yup, same issue here.
No notification on any threads for the past few days.
June 25, 2009 1:52:26 PM

Hey,

I just turned on my e-mail activation for this thread. Can someone respond to it please?

Thanks,
Justin
June 25, 2009 5:01:07 PM

Still no email activation, and for the third day now.
June 25, 2009 6:15:07 PM

I haven't seen anything either.

Justin
June 26, 2009 9:14:32 AM

Yup, nothing on this end either.
June 26, 2009 9:20:20 AM

I have the same sort of issue, No emails being received when there should be. I have the small enable email notification box ticked and the graphic envelope reads as activated when you hover the mouse over it, but there is actually a red X on the screen, Remove X and hover mouse and it says its deactivated ???

Mactronix
June 26, 2009 10:52:20 AM

X means click to deactivate. If the X is there then you should be getting the emails.
June 26, 2009 8:01:56 PM

I still haven't gotten anything either. Something is definitely wrong, tech guys are looking at it.

Justin
June 27, 2009 3:04:32 PM

randomizer said:
X means click to deactivate. If the X is there then you should be getting the emails.

I tried it both ways round and inside out :)  Still not getting any mail :( 
Guess we just wait for the tec guys to sort it out and manually check for replies untill then

Mactronix
June 29, 2009 3:10:39 AM

What a PITA... This issue started some time after 07:52 AEST (GMT + 10:00) 23 Jun.
June 30, 2009 7:06:02 AM

It's now been over 7 days, no resolution. Where are these techs coming from? Siberia, via dogsled? Or do they require a bank draft prior to start...
June 30, 2009 7:28:48 AM

Restoring email notification on a simple MyDiscussions.net Forum Version 2007.1 application can be challenging when the techs are learning to do new things. Like consider the cutting edge technology involved when they were learning how to use a common remote control. People build websites thousands of times as large and complicated ( :ouch:  ) as this Forum in seven days.

Edit for Writer's embillishment.

June 30, 2009 9:56:08 AM

PM notifications seem to be working now. I also just got my first thread notification email in a long time, but rather than taking me to the correct page it redirects to the forum where the thread is found, and marks the thread as read (making it harder to find).
June 30, 2009 10:00:15 AM

Hmmm.... also email notifications seem to now be trickling through from some forum threads.
June 30, 2009 11:56:57 AM

:bounce: 
My notifications seem to be working now.
June 30, 2009 9:34:12 PM

The dogsled seems to have arrived...
June 30, 2009 11:12:28 PM

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it seems to be working!

Justin
July 1, 2009 2:31:39 AM

Working for me now, I'm no longer being redirected but taken to the correct page of the thread.
October 12, 2009 4:12:58 PM

justinblue said:
Hi,

I'm glad to hear it seems to be working!

Justin

I am still not getting e-mail notifications.
!