Hardest to find Cube games?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones. I have a little
over 300 games for my Cube to now, but won't stop until I get all, european
and US releases only. I am not too interested in Japanese games, unless
they're very easy to understand or in english!

My first interest now is Backyard Soccer/Hockey/Basketball (if they were
ever released on Cube?)

Thanks!

"Vidar Olavesen" <olavese@online.no> a écrit dans le message de
> Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
> Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones. I have a little
> over 300 games for my Cube to now, but won't stop until I get all,
european
> and US releases only. I am not too interested in Japanese games, unless
> they're very easy to understand or in english!
>
> My first interest now is Backyard Soccer/Hockey/Basketball (if they were
> ever released on Cube?)
>
> Thanks!

Since you seem to know (almost) evrything about gamecube releases, do you
know if there are 'homebrew' titles on the gamecube, like there are on the
dreamcast.

I suspect the answert is no, due to the custom CD format?

Antonin PAVIL wrote:

> Since you seem to know (almost) evrything about gamecube releases, do you
> know if there are 'homebrew' titles on the gamecube, like there are on the
> dreamcast.
>
> I suspect the answert is no, due to the custom CD format?

The custom CD format is no longer an issue, but it was got around so
late in the day I doubt much was made of it regarding the homebrew scene.

--
[ste]
"Throw me your matches 'cause I like to burn stuff"

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

> The custom CD format is no longer an issue, but it was got around so
> late in the day I doubt much was made of it regarding the homebrew scene.

You are right, not much has been done, but it is possible.

You can for example check out http://www.gcdev.com/

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:08:16 +0200, "Vidar Olavesen"
<olavese@online.no> wrote:

>Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
>Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones

NCAA College Basketball 2003 is probably the rarest production game as
seeing they were recalled shortly after release and no more NCAA
Basketball 2003 were ever produced. I remember at first seeing them
go for around $100 on eBay new.

I just checked, no current or completed auction of GC version and only
one store item.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:34:38 -0400, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

>NCAA College Basketball 2003 is probably the rarest production game as
>seeing they were recalled shortly after release and no more NCAA
>Basketball 2003 were ever produced.

Out of curiosity, do you know why they were yanked from the shelves? I
did a web search, but came up with nothing.

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:50:24 -0400, Robby <get@real.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, do you know why they were yanked from the shelves? I
>did a web search, but came up with nothing.

I think Sega was suffering from poor sale on GC games and just quit
the GC Sport line outright. I think there were some discussion on
Digitpress.com forums on this. An estimated 6,000 copies were made
and it was the last Sega Sports made for Gamecube.

If you find NCAA College Basketball 2003 somewhere cheap (like
Blockbuster used game bin) snap them quick.

Puyo Pop Fever is another rare Gamecube game, something like only 3000
copies sold in USA.

dekay

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 28 Sep
2005 03:21:33 -0400, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.games.video.gamecube, yawatina tan reek esk Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> fornis
do marikano es bono tan el:

>Puyo Pop Fever is another rare Gamecube game, something like only 3000
>copies sold in USA.

But many, many more in the UK. It's still on the shelves.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk

sandmannight

I dont know of any but I thought I would just say that is pretty cool that you collect them. If I had that amount of cast to burn I would try it.

TRENDING THREADS