Hardest to find Cube games?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones. I have a little
over 300 games for my Cube to now, but won't stop until I get all, european
and US releases only. I am not too interested in Japanese games, unless
they're very easy to understand or in english!

My first interest now is Backyard Soccer/Hockey/Basketball (if they were
ever released on Cube?)

Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about hardest find cube games
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    "Vidar Olavesen" <olavese@online.no> a écrit dans le message de
    > Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
    > Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones. I have a little
    > over 300 games for my Cube to now, but won't stop until I get all,
    european
    > and US releases only. I am not too interested in Japanese games, unless
    > they're very easy to understand or in english!
    >
    > My first interest now is Backyard Soccer/Hockey/Basketball (if they were
    > ever released on Cube?)
    >
    > Thanks!

    Since you seem to know (almost) evrything about gamecube releases, do you
    know if there are 'homebrew' titles on the gamecube, like there are on the
    dreamcast.

    I suspect the answert is no, due to the custom CD format?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    Antonin PAVIL wrote:

    > Since you seem to know (almost) evrything about gamecube releases, do you
    > know if there are 'homebrew' titles on the gamecube, like there are on the
    > dreamcast.
    >
    > I suspect the answert is no, due to the custom CD format?

    The custom CD format is no longer an issue, but it was got around so
    late in the day I doubt much was made of it regarding the homebrew scene.

    --
    [ste]
    "Throw me your matches 'cause I like to burn stuff"

    > The custom CD format is no longer an issue, but it was got around so
    > late in the day I doubt much was made of it regarding the homebrew scene.

    You are right, not much has been done, but it is possible.

    You can for example check out http://www.gcdev.com/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:08:16 +0200, "Vidar Olavesen"
    <olavese@online.no> wrote:

    >Anybody have a list of the real rare games? I am trying to collect all
    >Gamecube games and hope to not miss out on the rare ones

    NCAA College Basketball 2003 is probably the rarest production game as
    seeing they were recalled shortly after release and no more NCAA
    Basketball 2003 were ever produced. I remember at first seeing them
    go for around $100 on eBay new.

    I just checked, no current or completed auction of GC version and only
    one store item.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:34:38 -0400, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

    >NCAA College Basketball 2003 is probably the rarest production game as
    >seeing they were recalled shortly after release and no more NCAA
    >Basketball 2003 were ever produced.

    Out of curiosity, do you know why they were yanked from the shelves? I
    did a web search, but came up with nothing.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:50:24 -0400, Robby <get@real.com> wrote:

    > Out of curiosity, do you know why they were yanked from the shelves? I
    >did a web search, but came up with nothing.

    I think Sega was suffering from poor sale on GC games and just quit
    the GC Sport line outright. I think there were some discussion on
    Digitpress.com forums on this. An estimated 6,000 copies were made
    and it was the last Sega Sports made for Gamecube.

    If you find NCAA College Basketball 2003 somewhere cheap (like
    Blockbuster used game bin) snap them quick.

    Puyo Pop Fever is another rare Gamecube game, something like only 3000
    copies sold in USA.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 28 Sep
    2005 03:21:33 -0400, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    uk.games.video.gamecube, yawatina tan reek esk Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> fornis
    do marikano es bono tan el:

    >Puyo Pop Fever is another rare Gamecube game, something like only 3000
    >copies sold in USA.

    But many, many more in the UK. It's still on the shelves.

    deKay
    --
    + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
    |- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Video Games