Sign in with
Your question

Comuter doesn't work after replacing the ram.

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
October 9, 2012 9:32:38 PM

Hello all,
I have been getting bluescreen since I built my computer on June,2012.
Yesterday, I decided to replace the memory because I knew the bluescreen is caused by the memory after reiewing bluescreen error code.
However, after that, my computer does not work.
It turns on, but screen is black, usb ports seem to not working (no lights turn on mouse, and keyboard)

I tried to replace the memor again, unplugged all the cable on the motherboard and reconnect them, remove cmos battery and set it up, unplugged all the cabls on the computer and reconnect.

Still, it is not working and there is no beep sound.
Could anyone please help me to solve ths problem?

here are my builds.
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Power supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High
CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler Blue LED
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500
Grahic: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850 PCIE Video Card (100315L)
Case: Corsair CC600TWM-WHT Special Edition Graphite Series 600T Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - White
ODD: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model

More about : comuter work replacing ram

a b V Motherboard
October 9, 2012 9:44:37 PM

Hey, I had a RAM issue with my computer the other day when i got a extram 8GB kit for my computer. The Beep codes told me there wasn't ANY ram installed when i clearly say 4 dimms full and ready to go. So i took out all the sticks. Put one stick from the pair in it before and 1 stick from the new kit. Everything booted up just fine. SO i powered it off after confirming in the BIOS and Windows and installed the other two sticks and ever since then no issues or BSOD's. Now. Let me say this, all sticks i used were Exactly the same, same 4GB stick with 1600mhz rated speed. So i don't know if this trick will work for you. But try 1 stick at a time of the new kit of ram your now using. You may have a bad stick out of the kit. Also review the Crash Dump file and make sure the error code was indeed from a memory error. There may be more to this than just changing out the RAM
m
l
!