Sign in with
Your question

CPU Upgrade

Last response: in Systems
September 23, 2011 6:45:53 AM

Hello,i would like to upgrade my current cpu I have K8V-X SE mother board whit an AMD Sempron 3000+. I would like to upgrade 3400+ or an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ . Should i choose the sempron or athlon ? and what cooling system would you recomend for a 754 socket ?

More about : cpu upgrade

September 23, 2011 8:03:14 AM

The Athlon is by far the best choice over the Sempron (Which is just kinda like a cut down version of the Athlon) However if possible might be worth considering a motheroard +CPU upgrade as well, as on socket 754 your limited to Single core CPU's.

Coolerwise there are lots of options the Gelid Tranquillo is a cheap and decent option. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

a b B Homebuilt system
September 23, 2011 8:14:31 AM

What country are you from/where will you be ordering from? It's not really worth investing money into that old of a system.
September 23, 2011 10:52:49 AM

well im from romania and i want to upgrade my current system because parts here are pretty cheap. I dont want to build a new pc beacuse i want to completely upgrade my current configuration and besides that if i would want to get a new one then id had to sell this one which is a lot of trouble because i wouldn't get 2 much money .
!