Front USB ports lost on P8P67 Pro

Front USB ports (both header connectors on MB) fail to communicate with flash drives, camera, or other devices, at which point I have to use a rear USB. A warm boot restores functionality to front USB's, but the time required for reboot has dropped from ~1week to ~1day or less. Do I have a defective MB or is this a software issue?
5 answers Last reply
More about front ports lost p8p67
  1. The fact that they start working after a reboot would tend to suggest it's a software issue. Unless you're reaching inside the case at some point and left that part out.
  2. cl-scott said:
    The fact that they start working after a reboot would tend to suggest it's a software issue. Unless you're reaching inside the case at some point and left that part out.

Suggestions on how to diagnose such a software problem?
  3. Can you try and re-install the USB drivers for your motherboard? btw is this the USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports?
  4. I'll give the driver re-install a try. These are USB 2 ports.

The only USB driver listed for this MB on the Asus web site is ASM USB 3.0 Driver V1.2.9.0. Is this also the driver for the USB 2?
  5. No that driver should ONLY be for the USB 3.0 ports. I don't know if maybe you can update the 2.0 drivers from device manager?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Cameras USB Motherboards