WINXP install won' work

Upgrade to winxp home won't install from win98 with new
motherboard and cpu. What should I check? went from AMD
300 to AMD 2200 Pro and SIS 740 chipset, new 256 DDR, old
HD and peripherals.
Farf

Hi,

Could you state what error messages are you receiving ?

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Farfignewgun" <bavidor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13d601c46f2a$4cb0c7e0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Upgrade to winxp home won't install from win98 with new
> motherboard and cpu. What should I check? went from AMD
> 300 to AMD 2200 Pro and SIS 740 chipset, new 256 DDR, old
> HD and peripherals.
> Farf

Did you reinstall Win98 after you changed the motherboard and porcessor?
You probably want to get that working first. Trying to get the upgrade
install and corecting the Win 98 registry etc for the hardware upgrade
may be at corss purposes. If you have work to rescue you might want to
even go back, put the old motherboard and chip in to rescue data before
trying it.

If you don't need to rescue data or programs and you have a valid 95 or
98 CD (assuming the Win XP is upgrade, not full) you might be happier
with a fresh install of Win XP.