Sign in with
Your question

Realtek hd switch output jack

Last response: in Motherboards
October 10, 2012 6:05:59 AM

hi i have m4a88t-v evo/usb3

i have boston accoustic speakers model Ba735

now im running windows 7 with the driver that came with my board that is very recent..
now . i cant get my digital output to go from spdif to like a green or blue jack instead of the optical jack. i dont want the optical jack that looks like a square i want the head phone lookin jack as my digital out.. how can i change this in realtek hd manager ..
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 10, 2012 4:43:11 PM

From Audio manager, select speaker and choose set default device for that.

Or from system tray, right click speaker icon and select playback device and then select speaker as default playback device.
October 11, 2012 3:45:20 AM

mubin said:
From Audio manager, select speaker and choose set default device for that.

Or from system tray, right click speaker icon and select playback device and then select speaker as default playback device.

my thing is with this .. is im trying to get it off optical and to like a 3mm jack.. right now its showing as optical as my digital out .. but im trying to get it to a 3mm green jack for digital out... not digital out (optical)
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 4:22:58 AM

Did you change default device and connect 3.5mm jack?
October 11, 2012 4:24:29 AM

mubin said:
Did you change default device and connect 3.5mm jack?

yes and it still shows up as optical. i dont even have a optical cord on my speakers .. i just dont know how to remove optical to 3mm for my digital out.. is it even able to do t hat?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 5:39:03 AM

It should be ok. Disable optical output.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 5:49:22 AM

Check this screen shot. I have set Analog audio(Speaker) as my default.

October 11, 2012 1:23:11 PM

ok did u see how on the right u show the digital on that u showed hdmi , ornage , yellow and optical .. if i can get mine to show any 3mm jack in that spot .. i would be able to use my boston accoustic ba735 speakers...
October 11, 2012 1:33:07 PM

so i guess my question is .. how to get it to move over to digital.. see mine under that digital... only shows optical jack only on it.. is there even a way to change that .. where u can select what u want to show up under the Digital part on the right?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 1:47:59 PM

It showed automatically. Depends what my sound chip supports. If there is no icon then your audio chip dont support that or dont have it.

Do you have round digital jack in mobo?
October 11, 2012 1:50:01 PM

not sure i have a asus m4a88t-v evo/usb3 .. im using onboard sound.. but i guess u answered it for me.. i cant use .. my onboard.. for my speakers so im going to go and get new speakers or sound card today either way
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 2:07:34 PM

You mobo dont have that port but you can connect that S/PDIF out header in internal I/O Ports. After you connect that, you can use optical port.

You dont need to buy a sound card for that.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2012 2:32:25 PM

Try use this type header for internal connection.
!