Sign in with
Your question

How does this look for my first build

Last response: in Systems
September 23, 2011 12:44:57 PM

hi im new to this form bit so i hope im in the right bit.... i no u like to no were i live so ill say now im in the uk right then on to the asking part
im building a new rig first time and wanted a bit of feedback to no if i have got all i ned to get this together and running

ill start with what i have picked and just to say this is for gaming mainly and for the cpu part i no alot of u say about the i5 and i7 diff but i have an if i just want to get it i7 for a later build right heres what i have chosen

MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Z68 Motherboard

CPU ntel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155)

GRAPHICS CARD Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 Direct CU II Graphics Card (1GB, DDR5, Overclocked 850Mhz)

MEMORY Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit

POWER CiT 750W Power Supply Unit with PSU and Dual 12V Rails - Black Edition

HARD DRIVE Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM

COOLER Corsair CWCH100 Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance CPU Cooler

The case im looking at the min in other words cant choose lol if u no any good ones please let me no i like to look and like to have a lot to choose form plus am i needing anything more i.e is there anything i need that i havnt put above thanks for all the feedback to thos that put some...

More about : build

September 23, 2011 1:06:12 PM

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 might be another alternative, slightly cheaper as well

GPU: Make sure it's the GTX560 Ti

PSU: 750W works good for GTX560Ti SLI
I would recommend Corsair TX/HX/AX - series or Seasonic X series though for the best quality.
PC power and cooling Silencer Mark II is not bad either

Cooler: Unless you plan on doing really big OC's you will do just fine with an air cooler for half the price.
Such as Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or Scythe Mugen 3

You will need an optical drive as well, any DVD writer will do and they cost about $20

As for cases, lot of alternatives here, it all depends on your budget and what you are looking for:

Below a list of different good cases at specific price points.

$40-70:
Antec 300 ( Illusion )
Cooler Master HAF 912

$70-100:
Cooler Master HAF922
Corsair 400R
Some lower end Lian Li Mid ATX cases

$100-150:
Lian Li Mid ATX cases with USB3 support
Cooler Master HAF 932
Corsair 500R
NZXT Phantom

$150-200:
Cooler Master HAF 942
Silverstone Raven RV02
Corsair 600T

$200+
Silverstone Fortress FT02 - arguably one of the best cases around.
September 23, 2011 1:08:11 PM

dont forget that you need a cd/dvd rom drive.

i would not get a 2600k for gaming the 2500k gets the exact same performance in games. with the money you save there you can get a better video card.
Related resources
September 23, 2011 1:19:29 PM

I have to tell you, that build is kind of all over the place. First of all, we need a budget. But more importantly, you've got a gaming build that has a sub $200 card ond an over $300 motherboard which isn't ideal.

(I don't know what websites you use in the UK, but you can find the parts yourself on whatever websites you use.)
Try a $125 ASRock motherboard and a $344 EVGA GTX 570 with a factory overclock.
Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Card:

You also don't need the H100 at all. A decent air cooler like the CM Hyper 212+ will perform just as well for considerably less money.

For your power, if you're going with one card maybe try a quality 650W psu like an Antec or the Corsair Builder Series. If you're going to eventually add a second card, maybe 800W to 850W from the same brands.

Your memory is fine, but if you're going with air cooling like I suggested, get the low profile version of the same memory so that the heat spreaders don't interfere with the cooler.

Also, I still don't understand the reasoning for why you're getting the 2600K. The obligatory warning is that you will not see any gaming difference between the 2500K and the 2600K. If gaming is your biggest usage, save yourself $100.
September 23, 2011 2:04:48 PM

I agree with Danraies. Your build doesn't make a lot of sense.

With the motherboard, not only is it excessively expensive, it is a extended ATX board which wouldn't fit in most cases. Heck, he even picked the motherboard I would have suggested. If you really need Bluetooth (or any other functionality) then you can pick up a PCIe card and the price will still be a lot cheaper.
September 23, 2011 9:31:00 PM

farrengottu said:

i would not get a 2600k for gaming the 2500k gets the exact same performance in games. with the money you save there you can get a better video card.

is that the i7 2500k u mean there or the i5 sorry my brains gone a little so i just need to check and also what video card did u have in mind i did note i didnt put a ad/dvd rom drive up there but thanks for spotting too
September 23, 2011 9:48:32 PM

i see so ur saying idea change the cooler thanxs i look it to them ..
GPU: Make sure it's the GTX560 Ti do u have a site for this with a pic so i can look and read up on
i did say at start im getting the i7 just to have it as i have an i5 oo wait i just seen my miss print my bad i put if not if sorry so ill but theat right here

I have the i5 already just getting the i7 just to have it in a diff rig

thanks for the point out of missing the dvd writer i have some spear here so my use them or get new one ill look in to that at later date
and thanks for list of case ill have a look at them when gets are in bed
September 23, 2011 10:06:03 PM

farrengottu said:

I agree, trading out the i7 for an i5 to upgrade to a 570gtx is a much better idea. You'll see a lot more performance in games. The only reason I can see for getting the i7 is if you are using a lot of editing software.
September 23, 2011 11:06:00 PM

MOTHERBOARD Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Z68 Motherboard

GRAPHICS CARD EVGA 015-P3-1582-KR GeForce GTX 580 797MHz 1536MB PCI-Express

POWER HDMICorsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 High Performance 750W Power Supply SuperClocked Graphics Card
September 23, 2011 11:15:19 PM

so 2 new parts there thanks to those that said yes keep the motherboard im looking in to the coolers at the min but with the info u passed on that looks nice and its sat at the top of my list at the min as for the cases nice ones and as im i no mass to pick one at the min im still looking into them i just get a Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S223C - Disk drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 22x of my uncel so nice of him so with then new parts how am i looking
September 24, 2011 2:23:35 AM

I'm pretty sure no one said "yes keep the motherboard?" I can't really tell what you're doing. Any $20 cd/dvd writer will do.

I try not to give people a hard time, but I need to abandon this thread until we can use some punctuation and basic grammar - I just can't follow it. Good luck with the build man.
September 24, 2011 10:04:51 AM

im keeping that motherboard at the min as the motherboard u said there is 2 types of like the motherboard i picked at start and its only 10pound cheaper for the lower grade 1 and 30pound cheaper than the higher grade one so im shopping around for the motherboard u said i no this is going to take me a littal time as some of the things u got over there take a littal longer to come out over here in the uk
September 24, 2011 10:15:23 AM

danraies said:
I'm pretty sure no one said "yes keep the motherboard?" I can't really tell what you're doing. Any $20 cd/dvd writer will do.

I try not to give people a hard time, but I need to abandon this thread until we can use some punctuation and basic grammar - I just can't follow it. Good luck with the build man.

i got a cd dvd drive for free i no u said any will do but thats what im getting for free so i am saying it will do and sorry i didnt put in my last thread about the motherboard wot im doing with it there i did look at the 1 u said and im shopping round for it at the min i didnt seee that it was a new one over here till last nite and i do like it its just the case of finding the beast place to get it from at the min

all of ur advice is being taken and is helping me out alot but please not if its new were u live then its super new over here in the uk i no were slow at keeping up with the rest of the world just my dum ass luk to live here
September 24, 2011 10:43:51 AM

MOTHERBOARD AsRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard, Socket 1155, PCI-Express 3.0, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, ASRock Instant Boot £239.30 saving me about£40.00 at the min but may find cheaper if i look aroud some more
September 24, 2011 11:27:34 AM

ok up date on parts u will see 2 card in GRAPHICS CARD this is because im not sure on which 1 to get so ur feedback the would be ace and again thankyou to all with this mass help ok the parts......

MOTHERBOARD: AsRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard, Socket 1155, PCI-Express 3.0, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, ASRock Instant Boot £239.30

CPU: ntel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155) £239.34...remeber here i have Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)

GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 015-P3-1582-KR GeForce GTX 580 797MHz 1536MB PCI-Express £384.99 or
GRAPHICS CARD: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card includes FREE Batman Arkham £372.18

MEMORY: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit £47.40

POWER: Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 High Performance 750W Power Supply £82.59

HARD DRIVE: Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM £46.90

COOLER: now im looking in to this had 1 to look at thanks to danraies

CD/DVD ROM DRIVE: Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S223C - Disk drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 22x £0.00 FREE of my uncel so nice of him

SO HOW AM I LOOKING NOW opps caps sorry all feedback is helping loads thanx peps and sorry for my bad spelling i no and thankyou for sticking with me on that
!