Computer Not Booting After Attaching New RAM

Hello,

I had a Dell Optiplex 755 computer at home with 1 GB RAM attached to it, i also had a extra 512 MB RAM so i installed that extra RAM to my computer but after installing when i start computer its not booting and giving beep sound, i even tried removing that extra RAM installed by me but nothing happen and same prob occurred.
10 answers Last reply
More about computer booting attaching
  1. Did you remove any other parts? Is the original 1GB module properly seated?
  2. Herr_Koos said:
    Did you remove any other parts? Is the original 1GB module properly seated?

Nope hadnt removed any part and yes original RAM is properly seated as i had touched it
  3. did you unplug the system from the wall?? did you reset the bios and check to see that there no bent pins in the other ram slot??
  4. smorizio said:
    did you unplug the system from the wall?? did you reset the bios and check to see that there no bent pins in the other ram slot??

yup i had unpluged it and reseted bios and there are no bent pins on RAM slot
  5. are both ram of same freq.. it may be the problem
  6. akshayghai29785 said:
    are both ram of same freq.. it may be the problem

dnt knw abt frq. but when i remove new RAM computer not booting with old one too.
  7. Did you ground yourself before you touched your computer? I know its not too common, but my friend was really statically charged and discharged himself onto the cpu =/
  8. ctomster said:
    Did you ground yourself before you touched your computer? I know its not too common, but my friend was really statically charged and discharged himself onto the cpu =/

yes
  9. if there not the same type of ram or the same voltage you could have burnt out the mb. i would pull both dimms and google there info on line. (are they ddr..drr2..ddr3 who made them and there part#.
  10. smorizio said:
    if there not the same type of ram or the same voltage you could have burnt out the mb. i would pull both dimms and google there info on line. (are they ddr..drr2..ddr3 who made them and there part#.

both are of DDR2 n frm Samsung
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Computer