Best GPU For My System?

AbdullahG

Distinguished
My current system uses a Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz CPU with a 600W PSU. I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5. I'm not sure whether I should return it for an EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 1.28GB GDDR5. Which card can I get the most performance out of?

The GTX570 and 6970 are comparable cards. You would not see any difference in performance.
If you primarily play only one game, then check the benchmarks for that game. But I would not expect you to be able to notice anything different. Perhaps not even with a GTX580.

What is your problem?
Is your FPS not adequate?

If you do not have at least 4gb of ram, do that first.
To help clarify your options, run these two tests:

a) Run your games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
If your FPS drops significantly, it is an indicator that your cpu is the limiting factor, and a cpu upgrade is in order.

It is possible that both tests are positive, indicating that you have a well balanced system, and both cpu and gpu need to be upgraded to get better gaming FPS.

TRENDING THREADS