Nokia 6230 Freezes

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I upgraded to a Nokia 6230b with Cingular just over a week ago, and
I'm having a problem with the phone periodically locking up. When it
happens it won't respond to anything--I just have to remove the
battery to reset it. Alternatively, sometimes when I go to my contact
list it just starts scrolling down by itself & again won't respond,
requiring me to remove the battery. I upgraded just over a week ago &
am already on my second 6230 (the store replaced the first one when I
took it in while in auto-scroll mode), and now the second one is
starting to act the same way. Is it possible my SIM card is bad? What
else could be causing this? I searched & couldn't find anyone else
with similar problems, but I've had two phones in a row start acting
this way in less than a week. After the hard reset it works fine for a
while, but after several hours starts acting up again. My firmware is
v 05.34.

Thanks for any help!

--
Greg

You have the exact issue that I am facing and I am already on my third
phone. Did you find any resolution to it? If you do please please
respond to this message.

Thanks

--
suryac

Had this happen on my 6230 after about 6 months. Cingular replaced it at no
charge.

Don
"suryac" <suryac.1s4ywi@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

> You have the exact issue that I am facing and I am already on my third
> phone. Did you find any resolution to it? If you do please please
> respond to this message.
>
> Thanks
>

> Greg Williams Wrote:
>> I upgraded to a Nokia 6230b with Cingular just over a week ago, and
>> I'm having a problem with the phone periodically locking up. When it
>> happens it won't respond to anything--I just have to remove the
>> battery to reset it. Alternatively, sometimes when I go to my contact
>> list it just starts scrolling down by itself & again won't respond,
>> requiring me to remove the battery. I upgraded just over a week ago &
>> am already on my second 6230 (the store replaced the first one when I
>> took it in while in auto-scroll mode), and now the second one is
>> starting to act the same way. Is it possible my SIM card is bad? What
>> else could be causing this? I searched & couldn't find anyone else
>> with similar problems, but I've had two phones in a row start acting
>> this way in less than a week. After the hard reset it works fine for a
>> while, but after several hours starts acting up again. My firmware is
>> v 05.34.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> --
>> Greg
>

> --
> suryac

same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
desk.

--
iamshaun

In article <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
iamshaun <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

> same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
> replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
> I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
> desk.

The one problem I have had with my 6230 involves bluetooth, when I'm
using it to connect my laptop to the internet. Once in a while the phone
simply turns off bluetooth, on its own initiative. When it does that, it
won't let me turn it back on again. I have to turn off the phone, then
turn it on again, then go to the "connectivity" menu and turn bluetooth
on.

--
Remove NOSPAM to email
Also remove .invalid

In <ddfr-BC2BFB.10072101082005@news.isp.giganews.com> on Mon, 01 Aug 2005
10:07:21 -0500, David Friedman <ddfr@daviddfriedman.nospam.com> wrote:

>In article <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
> iamshaun <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>
>> same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
>> replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
>> I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
>> desk.
>
>The one problem I have had with my 6230 involves bluetooth, when I'm
>using it to connect my laptop to the internet. Once in a while the phone
>simply turns off bluetooth, on its own initiative. When it does that, it
>won't let me turn it back on again. I have to turn off the phone, then
>turn it on again, then go to the "connectivity" menu and turn bluetooth
>on.

Perhaps that is due to anti-"Bluejack" logic kicking in.