Nokia 6230 Freezes

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I upgraded to a Nokia 6230b with Cingular just over a week ago, and
I'm having a problem with the phone periodically locking up. When it
happens it won't respond to anything--I just have to remove the
battery to reset it. Alternatively, sometimes when I go to my contact
list it just starts scrolling down by itself & again won't respond,
requiring me to remove the battery. I upgraded just over a week ago &
am already on my second 6230 (the store replaced the first one when I
took it in while in auto-scroll mode), and now the second one is
starting to act the same way. Is it possible my SIM card is bad? What
else could be causing this? I searched & couldn't find anyone else
with similar problems, but I've had two phones in a row start acting
this way in less than a week. After the hard reset it works fine for a
while, but after several hours starts acting up again. My firmware is
v 05.34.

Thanks for any help!

--
Greg
5 answers Last reply

    You have the exact issue that I am facing and I am already on my third
    phone. Did you find any resolution to it? If you do please please
    respond to this message.

    Thanks

    --
    suryac

    Had this happen on my 6230 after about 6 months. Cingular replaced it at no
    charge.

    Don
    "suryac" <suryac.1s4ywi@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

    > You have the exact issue that I am facing and I am already on my third
    > phone. Did you find any resolution to it? If you do please please
    > respond to this message.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Greg Williams Wrote:
    >> I upgraded to a Nokia 6230b with Cingular just over a week ago, and
    >> I'm having a problem with the phone periodically locking up. When it
    >> happens it won't respond to anything--I just have to remove the
    >> battery to reset it. Alternatively, sometimes when I go to my contact
    >> list it just starts scrolling down by itself & again won't respond,
    >> requiring me to remove the battery. I upgraded just over a week ago &
    >> am already on my second 6230 (the store replaced the first one when I
    >> took it in while in auto-scroll mode), and now the second one is
    >> starting to act the same way. Is it possible my SIM card is bad? What
    >> else could be causing this? I searched & couldn't find anyone else
    >> with similar problems, but I've had two phones in a row start acting
    >> this way in less than a week. After the hard reset it works fine for a
    >> while, but after several hours starts acting up again. My firmware is
    >> v 05.34.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Greg
    >

    > --
    > suryac

    same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
    replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
    I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
    desk.

    --
    iamshaun

    In article <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    iamshaun <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
    > replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
    > I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
    > desk.

    The one problem I have had with my 6230 involves bluetooth, when I'm
    using it to connect my laptop to the internet. Once in a while the phone
    simply turns off bluetooth, on its own initiative. When it does that, it
    won't let me turn it back on again. I have to turn off the phone, then
    turn it on again, then go to the "connectivity" menu and turn bluetooth
    on.

    --
    Remove NOSPAM to email
    Also remove .invalid

    In <ddfr-BC2BFB.10072101082005@news.isp.giganews.com> on Mon, 01 Aug 2005
    10:07:21 -0500, David Friedman <ddfr@daviddfriedman.nospam.com> wrote:

    >In article <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    > iamshaun <iamshaun.1t088y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >
    >> same problem here - on my second.. and i had to twist their arm to
    >> replace even this one - so i doubt i'll be getting another replacement.
    >> I just got this new one today and it freezes up just sitting there on my
    >> desk.
    >
    >The one problem I have had with my 6230 involves bluetooth, when I'm
    >using it to connect my laptop to the internet. Once in a while the phone
    >simply turns off bluetooth, on its own initiative. When it does that, it
    >won't let me turn it back on again. I have to turn off the phone, then
    >turn it on again, then go to the "connectivity" menu and turn bluetooth
    >on.

    Perhaps that is due to anti-"Bluejack" logic kicking in.

Cingular Nokia Internet Service Providers