Sign in with
Your question

Error : Access Denied to Folder

Last response: in Windows 7
January 7, 2010 2:35:04 AM

Hey guys, trying to access Documents and Settings Folder, Error Access Denied.

I followed this Tutorial but still doesn't work
http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to-take-ownership-gran...

I changed owners of the folder to Administrators
went into the permissions and Selected Administrator and checked off allow for everything. when I hit apply, it should be all good according to the tutorial, but i got an error saying Error applying Security - access denied, then a second one that say Unable to save permission changes to document and settings.

thank you :) 
a c 215 $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 3:04:21 AM

There is no Documents and Settings folder in Windows 7, nor is there one in Vista. User accounts are located under the Users folder now. The Documents and Settings "folder" you see is merely a pointer for any old installers that are still looking for Documents and Settings.
m
l
January 7, 2010 4:13:19 AM

oh ok, thank you.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 2:53:52 PM

"Best Answer" to The_Prophecy. Yep, those folder locations are bogus. I believe you'll see a lock symbol on some of them in the folder list.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2010 3:35:41 PM

:lol; The funny thing is last night I had an answer all typed out and The_Prophecy beat me to it by less than half a minute (which I saw when I clicked Preview instead of submitt), so I just elected to back out of the thread instead. :) 
m
l
September 22, 2011 6:25:26 PM

The_Prophecy said:
There is no Documents and Settings folder in Windows 7, nor is there one in Vista. User accounts are located under the Users folder now. The Documents and Settings "folder" you see is merely a pointer for any old installers that are still looking for Documents and Settings.

Yes, there *IS* :wahoo:  a Documents and Settings Folder... apparently you don't have your computer set up to SEE it!
m
l
!