Asus p8z77 v onboard sound issue

ashlikesnow

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
hello, I am experience this very weird problem,after install new windows, I CANT hear any sound from speaker or headphone even the monitor showing its play music or video, i tried different player still no sound, but the bar on the volume is showing playing, I checked bios sound setting is enable, I also clean install 2 different version of windows 7, I played music file after installation, still the same as showing playing, everything working but no sound heard from the speaker or headphone. please help me!

my pc system as following:
i5 3570k
Asus p8z77-v
gigabyte gtx670
corsair 750w
corsair force series 3 120gb ssd

When you are connecting the speakers to the back panel ports which color port are you using? You should be connecting a single connector setup to the lime green port and the headphones to that port as well. Are you trying the headphones in the front panel connection?
If you go to the speaker icon on the task bar do you have realtech speakers selected for the output and not digital or optical?

ashlikesnow

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

thanks for reply, yes i tried connect speaker and headphone to the lime green port, I also treid front panel connection, still same no sound, realtek high definition audio set as default device. the driver is up to date. I Spent last 10 hours search on internet and tried still no luck.. sigh

If you have reloaded Windows several times and still cannot hear sound then it is one of two things,
1. The motherboard is defective in that the sound chip is not working or in the bios it has a corrupted file and you could try reloading the bios file and if that doesn't work then you may have to call the tech support of the motherboard and do a RMA.
2. There must be a setting some where that is not set right so I will ask you to check some out to see.
If you click on the speaker on the task bar and then click on the speaker icon at the top of the window you will go to the properties window. At the bottom where it says device usage it should say Use this device (enable).
The top of the Window select the levels tab and at the top of the window the slider bar should be at least half way and there should be no red circle with a line through it.
Under the advanced tab and in the exclusive mode both boxes are checked off and the dropdown bar should have one of the sound modes selected.
These settings may already be selected but since your having trouble and I can't see them this is the only way to verify.
If after doing all of this you still do not have sound then there is something wrong with the sound system on the MB.

ashlikesnow

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

I clear bios and reset it few times, still the same, it appear me everything just work but no sounds come out from it,
sorry I don't understand what you mean by "The top of the Window select the levels tab and at the top of the window the slider bar should be at least half way and there should be no red circle with a line through it.
Under the advanced tab and in the exclusive mode both boxes are checked off and the dropdown bar should have one of the sound modes selected " could you explain to me please, thanks

On the task bar at the bottom right of the screen you see the speaker synbol? If you click on it a small window opens and at the top of the small window is what looks like andother speaker and when you click on that another window opens and that's where you will see at the top of that window the tabs I was talking about.
General , levels, Enhancement and Advanced.
When the window opens you will be in the General tab and at the bottom of that windo you should see Device Usage and the drop down box next to that should say Use this device. In the window you should see the Realtech device and it should be active. Then you can look at the other tabs.

ashlikesnow

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

yes, its active and nothing is mute, still no sound from it, thanks for the help, I think I should gave up and buy other sound card. I never thought a problem like this could exist. sigh.

ashlikesnow

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

I went to shop and get them to check, it turns out the it was on board sound card problem, they get me an replacement for the motherboard, now my pc works best ever now, thank you for all the help.

TRENDING THREADS